side lght bulb

Hi can anyone help with this question, my side light bulb has gone on my gti so phoned up VW and ordered a bulb £3:76 with VAT, one weird thing is when he gave me the description of the bulb it was (blue glass) does this mean there will be a blue tint on the bulb??

I thought the standard side light bulbs on gti’s were yellow not blue or is blue glass just a description? I don’t want to put the wrong bulb in and have one blue and one yellow.

Thx

Scott

Hi can anyone help with this question, my side light bulb has gone on my gti so phoned up VW and ordered a bulb £3:76 with VAT, one weird thing is when he gave me the description of the bulb it was (blue glass) does this mean there will be a blue tint on the bulb??

I thought the standard side light bulbs on gti’s were yellow not blue or is blue glass just a description? I don’t want to put the wrong bulb in and have one blue and one yellow.

Thx

Scott

i had replaced my side lights for led ones

and the old bulbs are blue glass.

Got the light changed and was chuffed how easy it was and yes the bulb was blue and it lit up white.

One piece of advice for anyone doing this, change the two together this is due to one very bright side light and one very dull which does look a bit odd when you look at the front of the motor. Down to VW tomorrow to buy another bulb

Regards

Scott

:rolleyes: