How Much to Lower buy..40mm, 60mm or more?

akbarirfan

I am listening!

Budget plus first/only time lowering has lead to me choose the PhilJ's..have not ordered anything so if anybody is selling any coilies that are better but around the same price i.e. second hand then I would consider that too!

Not sure as I have never experienced them, but for the price id rather have something new, and that you know is a good product. IMO Fk's or Weitec's only for mid range coil-overs as they are tried and tested, and you know what your getting.

You will be paying a bit over £400 for new coilovers hardly seams worth buying second hand. :shades:

right so where could i get 60mm springs from, i tried tuning.co.uk and they say their manufacturers wont have any until early 2009 and i'm not sure i want to wait until feb for them, ive tried a few other places but they only do 40's, or no lupo springs at all, where could i find some at a reasonable price?!?!

Thanks you peoples :):)

Why waste money on springs? Go for coilovers instead, i made the mistake of buying springs first and it was just such a waste of time and effort. I had H&R springs which are supposedly the best springs for the lupo and they still didnt lower it that effctivley (obviously) and still handled like a jelly. Coilovers are so much better, even the cheap as chips ones that i have. :)

well i wont be getting coilovers for at least 6 months min coz they are expensive, and from talkin to a few people that have had coilovers they say some of the cheap ones have the cheap quality and a rough ride, some even said a few of them popped on them. Yes you may think springs are a waste of money but for a temp thing for 6 or so months i don't think its that bad

well i wont be getting coilovers for at least 6 months min coz they are expensive, and from talkin to a few people that have had coilovers they say some of the cheap ones have the cheap quality and a rough ride, some even said a few of them popped on them. Yes you may think springs are a waste of money but for a temp thing for 6 or so months i don't think its that bad

TBH the cheap and choppy ride is going to be very similar to a 60mm drop on the standard dampners, 40mm is the maximum most would lower on standard shocks, or 60 with shortened shocks. Otherwise the ride is going to be pretty horrid. :blink:

TBH the cheap and choppy ride is going to be very similar to a 60mm drop on the standard dampners, 40mm is the maximum most would lower on standard shocks, or 60 with shortened shocks. Otherwise the ride is going to be pretty horrid. :blink:

Yeah, well as ive found out i spent the whole afternoon on the phone yesterday trying to get hold of 60mm springs and they're just not in process atm, no-where has them so 40's it is untill ive saved like £600 for coilovers. There's no point me buying new shocks as well if i'm gonna be changing the springs in a couple of months