Sport Gears jamming

James_d89

Hey every1, i dont know if this is just a thing with the lupo Sports or anything, but at times the gears are Really hard to get in and out of certain ones, mainly going in and out of 3rd and 4th, and sometimes going into 2nd and 1st.

Any help?

James

Take a look around the forum, search for "Sport" and "Pedal Box", that will get you started.

Essentially, there's a weak weld in the pedal boxes of Lupo Sports which means that they fail prematurely.

VW have acknowledged this and if your pedal box is faulty, your car less than 7 years old and under 100,000 miles, you should be able to get it replaced gratis at a dealer - although you'll probably need to press the right buttons.

Your symptoms are that of a failing pedal box.

Clicky

Take a look around the forum, search for "Sport" and "Pedal Box", that will get you started.

Essentially, there's a weak weld in the pedal boxes of Lupo Sports which means that they fail prematurely.

VW have acknowledged this and if your pedal box is faulty, your car less than 7 years old and under 100,000 miles, you should be able to get it replaced gratis at a dealer - although you'll probably need to press the right buttons.

Your symptoms are that of a failing pedal box.

Clicky

My loop is 29,000 miles but is 2000/Wreg. so im guessing they wont change it for me?

And how much would a new pedal box be to replace roughly?

James

Iv been to my local VW dealer with the problem, they said that with the recalling lupos and such they cant fix mine free of charge due to it being nearly 2 years out on their recal warrenty, however they will fix it at a reduced price of £220 instead of £380-400.

Im considering buying the components from them, which were only £34 for the lot (which was 3 bits) and having a friend of mine who is a local mechanic put it all in for me. Hopfuly he will do it for me at a good price! He also thinks he will beable to help my supercharge the loop, so im hoping everything is going to go well!

Will keep you all posted on any updates!

James