4 components?

Hi, i know this may seem a bit silly, as i havn't really seen people do it before

I have a Becker Mexico Pro

A set of Rainbow components

And a set of DLS components

Would i be mad in thinking if i run it off a 4 channel amp with a set up front and a set up back might give a nice crisp sound but without TOO much bass

Not really looking for the whole sub in the boot thing, i would prefer for it all to be hidden away

Any comments or equiptment recomendations are welcome,

Thank you

Mark

that sounds like it should be a decent set up, where are you thinking about mounting the 2nd set of components? read door cards? if so what model lupo is it as some models dont have the correct size holes etc, as for sound it should be rather good,

Rich,

GTi, in the back door cards, need to see if adaptors will fit behing the door cards first

I just wanted to know if it would be viable

Anyone have any 4 channel amps to recommend?

ive had all kinds of car stereo currently running high end pioneer p9 combo and rockfords flagship power series you cannot faulter rockford fosgate amps simple powerful and no fuss especially the older models if you can get them i have a few jems still tucked away maybe for sale soon!

Mark, Ring me if you want advise on what amp to get. You've got a fantastic head unit there and two great sets of components. Don't go spoiling it by buying a **** amp.

You need to really spend some good money when you get the amp. Look at the following makes If your wanting to go for sound quality...

Audison, Genesis, Helix, Directed, DLS

I'd look at getting this... Genesis Profile 4

or this Audison SRx4

Also I'd advise spending a reasonable amount on sound deadening if your not going to be using a Sub as road noise can be quite intrusive in the lupo's.

Edited by nfbr

I didn't want a sub in the boot either, but you can still get a nice clear sound with components :)

Headunit: I've never heard anything but praise for becker units! I'm very tempted myself...

Then I would get either a powerful 2 channel amp to run front comps., or get a 4 channel and either bridge it or use 4 channels to run them active. The amp is crucial really, even amping the standard speakers makes a noticeable difference!

Replace the front components first. With a decent amp and some sound deadening you may find you don't need to replace the rears.

4 channel and either bridge it or use 4 channels to run them active.

Avoid bridging a 4 channel amp as this never really works for mid/high signal. Its not too much of a problem for Bass drivers, but can really make a component setup sound harsh and induce distortion.

Avoid bridging a 4 channel amp as this never really works for mid/high signal. Its not too much of a problem for Bass drivers, but can really make a component setup sound harsh and induce distortion.

Personally I would look into running them active. It's the way to go for clear sound, especially if the passive crossovers are not fantastic. Having only one driver per channel means the amp is not wasting power amplifying signals the driver won't ever receive.

In that case he'd be needing Two 4 channel amps... Since he's already got two sets of Components ready to go in the car. Plus the other issue is that you would have to split the signals.

TBH, Both the crossovers with Mark's DLS's and his Rainbows are more than good enough. So running a 4 channel amp, 2 channels front, 2 channels rear would be more than adequate.

Also Mark, Do you have the Becker pre-out lead?

nfbr is right you you need an amp your happy with and not one to just fill a hole you want to be two years down the line and still be more than happy with it, with no feel the need to upgrade. go onto talk audio and have a look about and see what others are using and rating then make your choice from there, in my opinion its better to buy better quality second hand rather than inferior quality new ebay and talk audio always throw up some good stuff if you know what your looking for

nfbr is right you you need an amp your happy with and not one to just fill a hole you want to be two years down the line and still be more than happy with it, with no feel the need to upgrade. go onto talk audio and have a look about and see what others are using and rating then make your choice from there, in my opinion its better to buy better quality second hand rather than inferior quality new ebay and talk audio always throw up some good stuff if you know what your looking for

I've never liked the idea of Second hand amps. You never know what **** they've been given previously. Bad earths, over heating due to bad positioning etc can seriously reduce the lifespan of them.

I'd stick to brand new personally but go for a propper good brand.