20vt Engine Suggestions

lupoGT

Hi all,

Looking for a doner vehicle for a 20vt conversion on my lupo so i will have everything at my disposal

rather than just buying seperate components. Then break rest of car to get cash for driveshafts/intercooler/other non oe parts etc

Need it to be a 180hp motor but cant work out what vehicles in the vag group have these fitted. :confused:

Also is it possible to interchange ecu's and turbo's from say the bam engine or high power 1.8's to an 150/180 motor

O i forgot to say its got to be a resonably cheap doner vehicle :blush:

Would like your guys feedback so i can get the doner and begin the project.

Thanx

Erm correct me if im wrong but I think theres:

A3 1.8T sport - 180bhp

Seat Ibiza Cupra R - 180bhp

Pre 2003 Seat Leon 20v T Sport/Cupra/FR - 180bhp

02-04 VW Golf Gti(180ps) - 180bhp

Skoda Octavia Vrs - 180bhp

Theres probably more, I dunno which ones are the best to use or if theres any differences between them.

I think most people use the Cupra or Gti engines?

Hope thats helped!

Hi all,

Looking for a doner vehicle for a 20vt conversion on my lupo so i will have everything at my disposal

rather than just buying seperate components. Then break rest of car to get cash for driveshafts/intercooler/other non oe parts etc

Need it to be a 180hp motor but cant work out what vehicles in the vag group have these fitted. :confused:

Also is it possible to interchange ecu's and turbo's from say the bam engine or high power 1.8's to an 150/180 motor

Thanx

Thanx for input helps alot mate cheers :D

Erm correct me if im wrong but I think theres:

A3 1.8T sport - 180bhp

Seat Ibiza Cupra R - 180bhp

Pre 2003 Seat Leon 20v T Sport/Cupra/FR - 180bhp

02-04 VW Golf Gti(180ps) - 180bhp

Skoda Octavia Vrs - 180bhp

Theres probably more, I dunno which ones are the best to use or if theres any differences between them.

I think most people use the Cupra or Gti engines?

Hope thats helped!

wrong , there was no ibiza cupra R in a mk4 , the mk4 ibiza CUPRA had hte 180bhp engine fitted , the previous cupra had just 156bhp

wrong , there was no ibiza cupra R in a mk4 , the mk4 ibiza CUPRA had hte 180bhp engine fitted , the previous cupra had just 156bhp

Cupra R had 180bhp

Cupra had 156bhp

:confused:

Granted the R was rare in that model but it was still produced and did have 180bhp..

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177488 - 51 plate Cupra R

Edited by electricpanda

Hi all,

Thanx

as far as i am aware the octy vrs and 180bhp golf engine code is AUQ but these are pretty rare, the engine in my bora and the late 150bhp golf gti's is the AUM which has the ko3s higher compression turbo and once remapped even without any engine mods will give you over 200bhp

hope it helps