Sport burning oil and smoking :(

12loop34

Hi guys im new on here, just got my first loop :D

it hasnt been serviced for over a year so thats my first intention but when i put my foot down it smokes alot out the back. . . ive been told its burning oil. . . ill check the levels over the next couple of days but just wondering if anyone can give me some advise on what could be wrong and how to fix it. . . maybe a rough price aswell :)

Thanks guys

Hi guys im new on here, just got my first loop :D

it hasnt been serviced for over a year so thats my first intention but when i put my foot down it smokes alot out the back. . . ive been told its burning oil. . . ill check the levels over the next couple of days but just wondering if anyone can give me some advise on what could be wrong and how to fix it. . . maybe a rough price aswell :)

Thanks guys

Hi mate welcome to club lupo!well it sounds like the previous owner topped up the oil level too high.easy way to check this is with your dip stick.when there is too much oil I think it overflows and seeps into engine and as a result burns out ya lupos pooper which can damage your catalytic converter.I'm no expert tho but I think that's right.is it petty or deisel?

my sport drinks a fair bit of oil but I do a lot of miles and it never produces any smoke from the back.when I use magnatec it lasts slot longer but I tend to use castrol edge 5w 30 fully synthetic an that goes really quick

hey guys/girls. . .

i filled the oil up at work ( 10w40 semi synthetic ) and in a week its gone down to the bottom of the dipstick. . .

could it be anything else or do sports just burn oil that easy

its a 2001 petrol sport on 75000 miles,

when i do the service ill change the oil to 5w40 or 5w50 would this be ok??

thanks for the help :)

A 5w-40 is thinner that 10-40, sou you will probably lose it quicker. Are you sure its not leaking? Take the undertray off and get some paper down.

I reckon from top to bottom of dipstick is about 1/2 to 2/4 of a litre, so that a lot in a week, how many miles did you do?

my lupo did the same so i replaced the valve stem seals but that didnt cure it later took it apart again an it was the valve guids that had worn mine was a 2000 with 96thousand miles bein of road for 2 years as cant be bother any more lol hope that helps

Mine uses a fair bit but in 2 months I have done 2000 miles, I get a slight puff of smoke when I give it beans in first but its fine flat out after that. I use castrol 10w-40w oil

Ive not lost power and its still going strong, I raced my mates yaris t sport 105 bhp and i he never pulled away stuck to his bumper, though mine was stripped out, but standard engine wise.

hey guys/girls. . .

i filled the oil up at work ( 10w40 semi synthetic ) and in a week its gone down to the bottom of the dipstick. . .

could it be anything else or do sports just burn oil that easy

its a 2001 petrol sport on 75000 miles,

when i do the service ill change the oil to 5w40 or 5w50 would this be ok??

thanks for the help :)

Sounds like your valve stem seals are dead, or the valve guides are knackered. Its letting oil past somewhere.

John

Could this possibly damage anything else, or just get worse.

speaking from experience it will get worse until bang your engine goes. mine dropped a rod and bent all the valves in the head due to oil starvation and id only just had an oil change 2 weeks before hand. take my advice stop driving it now! and get it looked at asap, if you dont it will be new engine time and trust me it aint cheap

speaking from experience it will get worse until bang your engine goes. mine dropped a rod and bent all the valves in the head due to oil starvation and id only just had an oil change 2 weeks before hand. take my advice stop driving it now! and get it looked at asap, if you dont it will be new engine time and trust me it aint cheap

Sorry for busting in on this thread :) Im think on an engine coversion next year. Mines not to bad just the odd puff of smoke in first gear every so often.

I need to do some research and find out the easiest conversion, as I dont see the point in replacing it with another sport engine unless I find one at a gd price.

• 1 month later...