New wheels for my arosa?

carnut787

Firstly, my car --> http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...mp;#entry532184

I like the look of these wheels. They're 16", bit of a step up from stock 14", so i'm worried about getting some arch rubbing, but i'd be putting them in these tyres - 195/40/16 - so with the lower profile might be around the same total diameter as the 14" with 55 aspect ratio rubbers.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated please :D maybe someone has even done something v similar to their car. I'll probs want to have it lowered a bit in future if possible.

Thanks

I think you will be fine running the wheels with 195-40-16's, they are et38, they are close to rota slipstreams which i had in 15" with 195 45 15 tyres, i had it lowered 40mm but would have gone alot lower.

You are right about the rolling radius being around about the same as the 14's on big baloon tyres.

I think you will be fine running the wheels with 195-40-16's, they are et38, they are close to rota slipstreams which i had in 15" with 195 45 15 tyres, i had it lowered 40mm but would have gone alot lower.

You are right about the rolling radius being around about the same as the 14's on big baloon tyres.

Thanks for the reply :D i checked out those rota slipstreams and they look fantastic :o what do you think would look better? If i went for the rota's i would get them gloss black with the polished lip also, like those team dynamics ones.

The Team dynamics rims will be alot heavier, I had the slipstreams in 15inch and they were about 5.5kg each, which for the price is very light.

Here are a few pics of my old car with the rims on, I had them in white with a drop of 40mm.

frontside.jpg

backside.jpg

fence.jpg

front.jpg

rear-1.jpg

The Team dynamics rims will be alot heavier, I had the slipstreams in 15inch and they were about 5.5kg each, which for the price is very light.

Here are a few pics of my old car with the rims on, I had them in white with a drop of 40mm.

Wow, looks great. I do really like them but for 16" they are £390 - £175 more than the team dynamics. I'm just not sure what would look better on my car...... more spokes or less? :/

Just had a thought also. The team dynamics wheels i want are 7J width - 7 inches works out as 177.8mm - and the tyres i was looking at are 195mm wide. Will this be ok?

Just had a thought also. The team dynamics wheels i want are 7J width - 7 inches works out as 177.8mm - and the tyres i was looking at are 195mm wide. Will this be ok?

Yeah 195 will be perfect. 15's and a big drop would look good, or are you defo after 16's?

16"s are fairly big for an arosa, i often think, the bigger the wheel the smaller and dumpier the lupo/arosa looks! I think 14-15"s are perfect for them, any bigger (depending on the style) and it can look a little much. :)

16"s are fairly big for an arosa, i often think, the bigger the wheel the smaller and dumpier the lupo/arosa looks! I think 14-15"s are perfect for them, any bigger (depending on the style) and it can look a little much. :)

I agree, my O.Zs are 15 inch but because thay are multispoke they look bigger!

Hmm, no im not intent on getting 16" - just want whatever looks best :D i wanted them this big because ive seen an arosa somewhere, may have been on this forum, which had 17s which looked fantastic but he had to butcher his wheel arches to fit them - something i dont wanna go into as it would probs cost an arm and a leg :P

So, maybe those team dynamics ones but in 15"... but as nickjp86 says may look bigger because of them being multi spoke?

Thanks for replies ;)

Edit:

15" team dynamics jet, black, £195

195/45/15 Toyo Proxes 4RF, £150

= £345 :D not bad

Edited by carnut787