Boot Light Staying On !

Over the last couple of days my boot open light has failed to turn off when starting the car up which is annoying but it gets worse! Today whilst driving along as normal, the rear wiper came on by it's self! Not only did it come on but it was constantly on, not intermittent ! I've checked the wiring and it looks ok. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advise?

Right, Just got home and stripped the lock mechanism down, it's fine. The light is still on the dash but it is fainter than normal, when you open the boot it comes on brighter.

The wiper is still coming on sometimes so i've had to take the fuse out after checking them all.

I've looked at the wiring in the boot lid and it looks fine (no bare wires.)

I've even checked the wires at the boot hinge under the rubber boot as i changed the high brake light about 6 months ago.

Just been thinking it might be a problem with the wiper that has manifested itself in a strange way?

Could it be a problem at the stalk for the rear wiper?

Who knows? Any suggestions?

i think he means the light saying the boot open in the dash, i had this problem, the boot light and the rear wiper, slam the boot realy hard pushing on the glass, that gets myn off, the rear wiper was like it when i got the car, sort of got use 2 living with it, then it spread the the front wipers!! in the end i got a wiper stalk 4rm a breakers 4 £20, steering wheel of job to fit, but well worth it. if it is the exact problem i had with mine, next your intermitant speed for the wipers will act as speed 1 .