newish here guys and looking for advise...

scotty86

hey hey guys,

ok the story as it goes up until 2 days ago i was going to restore my old skool mini this has been the plan for about 6 months... then up until 3 days ago i am falling out of love with the idea of running and old skool mini i have had one before and know how much they can dent your pocket :angry:

anyway a mate of mine made the point his mate had a polo gti for sale now i have always had a soft spot for vw and though mmmmm a vw!!!!

this poses my question loop gti(which i am slightly favouring) or polo gti???

i am deff buying one or the other at the end of the month so any advise on bying either- especially the loop would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

cheers guys

hey hey guys,

ok the story as it goes up until 2 days ago i was going to restore my old skool mini this has been the plan for about 6 months... then up until 3 days ago i am falling out of love with the idea of running and old skool mini i have had one before and know how much they can dent your pocket :angry:

anyway a mate of mine made the point his mate had a polo gti for sale now i have always had a soft spot for vw and though mmmmm a vw!!!!

this poses my question loop gti(which i am slightly favouring) or polo gti???

i am deff buying one or the other at the end of the month so any advise on bying either- especially the loop would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

cheers guys

This is quite a personal question, Me, personally would go for a Lupo, but then again I own one! :P

I depends on what you want out of it, if you need a bit of size ( by rhe sounds of it you don't ) then it would be the Polo but I still think the Lupo is better, Has more personality!

Good luck choosing though! Hard decision

I'll be taking a mint 51k mile Polo GTI in Reflex Silver to edition 38 next month.

Fully rebuilt gearbox, new cam belt, brand new refurbished BBS rims, climate control, gas disharge headlamps and CD Changer.

The Polo is a much better car, much more refined and better interior than the Lupo.

The Lupo is more fun to drive, although IMO the Polo drives better as an everyday car.

Both cars look ace.

As above, the Lupo is a load more fun - I wouldn't say that the Polo was a better car, although it has a higher trim level and is a bit more comfortable over long distances, and carries more shopping. If that's what you're after, then there's your car.

If you're after something fairly unique, quirky and nippy, then the Lupo is your car.

Reason I say better 'car' is:

Glove box.

Full door panels.

Cable clutch.

Cheaper parts when it goes wrong.

Cheaper parts if you want to 'play' with it.

Bigger boot.

Boot mounted CD Changer, so you keep your storage tray under the cassette player.

Feel safe leaving it in a car park.

Spare wheel.

Cheap easy to replace exhaust system.

But.

Im selling my Polo.

Id never sell my Lupo.

Reason I say better 'car' is:

Glove box.

Full door panels.

Cable clutch.

Cheaper parts when it goes wrong.

Cheaper parts if you want to 'play' with it.

Bigger boot.

Boot mounted CD Changer, so you keep your storage tray under the cassette player.

Feel safe leaving it in a car park.

Spare wheel.

Cheap easy to replace exhaust system.

But.

Im selling my Polo.

Id never sell my Lupo.

pm regards polo lol...

and cheers guys for all your input... certainly is a tuff decision i do really like both and prob would buy both if had the money lol. loop does seem to seem more quirky and the polo does seem slightly more practical if that makes sence...

when i think about it though the loop gti looks awsome in my opinion exterior wise... mmmm :huh: what one!!!!

think its going to be which one steals my heart when go to view them...