165/50/15 tyres on a 7.5 wide wheel?

Pepsi

Will this be OK?

Basically I want osme thinner tyres on the front of my car so I can have some stretch and go lower on the front without catching the arches. Will these be safe to drive on!?

I sometimes hammer down country lanes so I don't want the bead to break, but at the same time I know sensible stretches are perfectly safe.

Also, I'll have 195's on the back, makes no difference to the way the car will drive normally surely, will just mean I have slightly less grip on the front due to thinner tyres?

The wheels are the standard GTi wheels.

u have the wrong wheel width in ur title if its for barthursts. will be fine on those wheels would imagine.

Bathursts are 6.5" wide.

165/50's will be absolutely fine on them, it's only 1/2" wider wheel than 165/50's are recommended for usage on.

Just get the front two at first and see how you like the look. If you think it looks funny with the bigger wheels on the back then get another pair.

^^beaten to it lol

they are 6.5 inch wide iirc. yeah the stretch wont be to extreme on them so may aswell have 4

Edited by scoobydoo

Bathursts are 6.5" wide.

165/50's will be absolutely fine on them, it's only 1/2" wider wheel than 165/50's are recommended for usage on.

Just get the front two at first and see how you like the look. If you think it looks funny with the bigger wheels on the back then get another pair.

^^beaten to it lol

they are 6.5 inch wide iirc. yeah the stretch wont be to extreme on them so may aswell have 4

Nice one, cheers.

Not sure where I got the 7.5" width from, probably just read something wrong!

Thanks for the help.

Hardly an internet gangster (whatever that is) you just put up a pointless comment in my opinion which was neither questioning my judgement or giving a reply.

I see what you mean, I've had 4 new tyres put on in the last 2 months so don't want to buy another 4 really, just want to go lower at the front and dont want to swap the wheels as of yet for 14's. I'll go with Phils idea for starters I think and see what i think.

Hardly an internet gangster (whatever that is) you just put up a pointless comment in my opinion which was neither questioning my judgement or giving a reply.

I see what you mean, I've had 4 new tyres put on in the last 2 months so don't want to buy another 4 really, just want to go lower at the front and dont want to swap the wheels as of yet for 14's. I'll go with Phils idea for starters I think and see what i think.

yeah best ideas gonna be to get some use out of the ones you've got otherwiseyour throwing money away, maybe wait to lower it?

Already lowered it.

I've got the rear adjuster rings out so its as low as it will go on the standard weitec springs, but the front sits higher at the minute and looks daft to me. So skinnier tyres means I can go lower and get a slightly nose down look which I prefer.

Should have better turn in too, provided the tyres are anywhere near as good as my PE2's!