What is my Lupo worth?

Pepsi

I asked a simple question, what would you value my Lupo at.

Not whether or now you think I should or should not be selling etc. I do appreciate the serious posts, but to everyone else why not just keep quiet?

I haven't posted a thread about value before, yes I have questioned my ownership etc, but all of that is irrelevant.

I've also got to say this is the shittest owners forum I've ever been a member of from some of the attitudes you people have, most are friendly, helpful and offer good advice, all you lot seem to do it moan. Possibly due to it being an older set of members, or maybe the VW scene is just full of miserable people who like to moan when someone doesn't fit in with their 'guidelines' of ownership for a minimum period of time, or doesn't replace enough parts on a car to warrant being a 'proper owner'.

I would also liek to make clear the above comment is not aimed at all the members on here too, a lot have been very helpful to me with various threads.

You asked what people thought it was worth, and they replied! It's not their fault if you don't like the figures they gave.

The prices of GTI's seem to be all over the place, at the end of the day its worth what someone's prepared to pay for it, and in the current economic climate that might not be as much as you want.

You have a mind of your own, so I'm sure you can decide for yourself if you want to sell or not. People in this club aren't miserable they are just sick of the same old threads asking the same questions, it's like no-one can think for themselves any more. It's sad that you think of the forum this way, but hey, if you don't like it, I'm sure you know what you can do :)

The prices of GTI's seem to be all over the place, at the end of the day its worth what someone's prepared to pay for it, and in the current economic climate that might not be as much as you want.

Amen to that.

It is a shame that you think this of the forum, i do agree in some way as some people are quite opinionated (or however you spell it) but you just have to ignore these people and pick out the good stuff from the bad, Its probably the best place to learn about the lupo family afterall.

If you want my honest opinion, you would get more for it if you sold it down south for a start. Closer to london as possible, I would ask for around the 6.5k, but due to the fact its modified and the depreciation of the market atm i couldnt see you getting it right now, I would hold on if you could if you wanted to maximise your profit, put the old sus back on and sell it individually as you would get more for it.

Thads advice, not critisim.

John

You asked what people thought it was worth, and they replied! It's not their fault if you don't like the figures they gave.

You have a mind of your own, so I'm sure you can decide for yourself if you want to sell or not. People in this club aren't miserable they are just sick of the same old threads asking the same questions, it's like no-one can think for themselves any more. It's sad that you think of the forum this way, but hey, if you don't like it, I'm sure you know what you can do :)

I did ask what it was worth and got some answers yeah, I questioned one answer as well, but it is the other posts that had nothing to do with the value of the car.

I do have a mind of my own, but my question was not to sell or not to sell, it was simply asking for a value on my car. At the end of the day it is a car forum, so there will always be repetitive questions asked, no matter what marque, it's just something to put up with if you frequent owners forums, and to quote you, 'if you don't like it, I'm sure you know what you can do :)'

I don't like the attitude so i wont spend much time on here, I'm not gonna cut my nose off to spite my face and not come back on as that would be stupid, but I guess i'm also not going to associate myself with the forum much.

Edit - thanks John, thats the kind of reply I wanted in the first place. I see what you mean about the mods, if it sells it will go standard, and I know what you mean about selling further south, kinda hard though living in the midlands!

Edited by Pepsi

Guest Lauryn

Why dont you look at what you paid for it, was it 2 months ago? If you feel you have done some work or spent a bit of money, why not ask for the same amount back? Sounds fair to me

Just as a guide but there are 3 anthracite GTis on trader going for 5950 (03, 45k), 6200 (53, 65k) and 7200 (03, 29k).... not saying they are worth these prices but gives you a bit of an idea as to what people are asking for them.... they are all original spec and the 6200 one says its worth 6700 but want a quick sale!! (may or may not be true)

Daz

If think you might find someone prepared to pay up to £7000 for it as it has aircon and leather.

I haven't had a Lupo for over 2 years now but I still use this forum as I find the people friendly and helpful.

I can see why some people have got annyoed with you - I find it annoying you ask "how much is it worth?" when you must already have a decent idea as you bought it recently! and then you complain when the valuations don't match what you already think.

My advise (if you do decide to sell) is to aim high and see what happens . . the guy I bought my GTI of was asking for £8,200 but he eventually realised it wasn't worth that and sold it to me at £6,500.

• 5 weeks later...

i am currently selling my mini i have spent the best part of 7k on and 2 years of labour it is currently on ebay at 2k with a buy it now of3800which is half of what i have spent on it, to the right person a car is worth whatever they want to payfor it. it just means to find that right person and make lots of money you will have to hold out.

a cars worth and value are completely different.