Gti Rear Lower Bumper Part

Gazza

just wondering i have a tdi lupo and was wondering if the actual lower splitter on the rear of the gti bumper will fit,

just had an idea with filling the gap where the exhuast is to make it a little diff

as i dont want an exhaust showing but i want the rear style bumper

anyone?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You need a 3L bumper then ;)

you dont see it in most pictures but i have found some that you can

lupo.JPG-for-web-large.jpg

470121604_b83d598d94.jpg

I really like the look, i was thinking of this for my sport. i would love to grafting in the arch for the

the exhaust and keeping it black so it looks really standard. if you have the money and time to track down the part numbers

i think you should go for it. it would be such a nice mod

I agree it looks really nice without the exhaust and thats what he wants i think its worth doing.

On the other hand i have a sport and think it would look equally as cool if i could subtly modify it to except my exhaust. Its something i was thinking of a while back after I backed into a 2ft high super large wooden planter outside a pub we got directions from in deepest darkest Kent. It was about 18 foot long and 2ft high and totally invisible in the pitch black. I hit it really hard and shifted it 6 food back. 5 of my friends tried to shifed it back but we could not get it to budge lol. It was really quite impressive to see a perfect imprint of the corner in my bumper. I managed to heat the bumper with a paint stripper and it popped out really well but its still got a bit of a crack so its on my to do list still.

Yeah thats the one!!!!

dont spose anyone has the part number for it :D hehe bet thats goin to be super hard to get my hands on!

and really exspensive

thanks guys for showing me whats whats

thanks

also from them pics it looks to me that the rear arches are flared :S hope not as would make my life alot easier hehe

Edited by Gazza

No they are the same as all non GTIs are, Do you know anyone that speaks German? Its not the type of thing that would come up on German Ebay so your best bet is to find a German speaking person that could ring a VW dealer in Germany and find out direct i would think it would cost less that way than getting an english VW dealer to order one in.

If its something that more people are interested in then it could be a Group buy! Dependent on price i may be interested

I am not sure if the copy of ETKA they have in UK dealers would come up with the 3L parts or not.

I just found a site with some nice picture of a 3L with a colour coded bumper http://members.home.nl/erikvanekeren/LUPO01.html

just had a look on Vag cat, they dont list any thing for the rear bumper although they list the front 3L bumper,

the plot thickens, also might have to speak a german feller at work on monday see what he says