My Vento

Fordy

Ok so its not a lupo but im on here because i know 2 lupo owners, fran and 50 and if this turns out to be a nice place to chill i may visit more often! Anyway heres my car, probably a bit to big for some of you:

P1010209.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P7010019.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P1010259.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P6110172.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Its a 1.9 tdi if your wondering! Whats you think then?

Cheers, should be even smoother when i get my debadged grill (this week) and 17" bbs rims (next week) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> 8) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Wots a Q car when its at home........?

You need to do some car mag revision young lad biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It means a fairly ordinary looking car that hides performance. The Vauxhall Lotus Carlton is generally regarded as being one of the cars that coined the phrase. The pre banglised M5 is also another. Now there are loads of such cars, lots of fast Audi's that are quite subtle, the Octavia vRS is another good example.

The term is actually derived from '`Q-boat`'. `Q-boats` were first used in the first world war to destroy enemy submarines.

At the time, the only way to destroy a submerged submarine was depth charges, which were unreliable and very seldom successful. `Q-boats` were old tramp steamers designed to look like easy prey, but loaded with very buoyant cargo, and carrying an arsenal of hidden guns.

The buoyant cargo meant that it was almost impossible to sink them with torpedos, which meant that the enemy sub would surface to attack the 'easy prey' with the deck gun. The `Q-boat` would then destroy the sub on the surface with its heavy guns.

Here endeth the lesson. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The term is actually derived from '`Q-boat`'. `Q-boats` were first used in the first world war to destroy enemy submarines.

At the time, the only way to destroy a submerged submarine was depth charges, which were unreliable and very seldom successful. `Q-boats` were old tramp steamers designed to look like easy prey, but loaded with very buoyant cargo, and carrying an arsenal of hidden guns.

The buoyant cargo meant that it was almost impossible to sink them with torpedos, which meant that the enemy sub would surface to attack the 'easy prey' with the deck gun. The `Q-boat` would then destroy the sub on the surface with its heavy guns.

Here endeth the lesson. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

See, very sadly, thats the sort of facts that I just love. I'll get me coat.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one dude....all ya need to do now is change the wheels in the sig smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where did you park fordy???

P6120191.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

P6120186.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

lol@ the "dento" biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i still think we should all donate to his new numberplate - D3NTO laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

However... It looks cool here!!!

vento2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

ventoo2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

yeah its mint lookin at the mo - he came down to see me last week (ah bless him) but unfortunately it was too dark to see much sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />