1.0 dies at 5k

retronickk

The lupo brochure says 6000, max torque at 4400.

Your brochure says that, my brochure says 74kW (100bhp) / 5000, and 126nm / 4400. Evidiently one of our brochures is wrong.

Thats odd then :confused:

I always thought it was more like 6K as they are much higher revving than the 1.4 75bhp (which drops off at 5k)

EDIT: Take a look here:http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/r...o_23.02.07.html

Edited by jon_273

Yeah just had a look at those myself, seems it is in fact 6000, so its my manual thats wrong. Apologies cardaft :)

Suppose I should have gone and looked in my mums brochure, as that is actually a Sport!

Your brochure says that, my brochure says 74kW (100bhp) / 5000, and 126nm / 4400. Evidiently one of our brochures is wrong.

Hmm

BTW, what year is your brochure from, both my 2001 and 2004 brochures say the same.

IIRC i thought early sports (wich cable throttle) start to pull from 5000K? and DBW from 6K

Or so i had heard, maybe your info is early?

Mines form 2001 too. Just had a look at my mums, that says @5000rpm too, hers is x-reg, so year 2000

I wonder if your mums is early enough to have a cable throttle then?

:lol: this has gone from a 1.0 thread to a sport thread :lol:

I wonder if your mums is early enough to have a cable throttle then?

:lol: this has gone from a 1.0 thread to a sport thread :lol:

Never mind! A cable throttle wouldnt affect the peak power rpm though, mabye they changed the cam profile and map or something?

Never mind! A cable throttle wouldnt affect the peak power rpm though, mabye they changed the cam profile and map or something?

Hmm i know that, im asuming they did something else to it at the time it was made DBW. Not sure what, if anything, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Im suprised a little that you dont rev your sport over 5K, i was under the impression sports came to life around 4K?

I dont rev my 1.0 over 4K really, not much point and its usually only driven in the town now, but it is nicely free reving.

Sports come to life after 3k as it has a wild inlet cam. The wild inlet cam also explains why the Sport is poo in the lower rev range.

erm my sport comes alive over 5k rpm :D its fun :D esp if you have an induction kit fitted

I have a BMC DIA induction kit fitted and its all fun but I'm not after sound so I connected my BMC to the original 2-way air feed system. So my BMC makes zero noise like the standard air box, gets hot & cold air like the standard box, and I also extended my oil breather pipe into the silicon hose above the throttle body keeping the enclosed system resulting in no smells. :)

Just looked at my manual. It would seem that the older Lupo Sports are rated 100bhp at 5,000rpm and not 6,000rpm unlike the newer Sports...

So my theory of not revving past 5,000rpm is correct.