Anyone around Derby?!

Pepsi

Any others around here, not seen many GTi's or any other models to be honest!

I have spotted a Y reg GTi in PArkway VW a few times, not sure if the owner works there? On MIM's, front fogs and an exhaust?

yeah thats mine mate. Its in there at the moment for some gearbox work! wot u driving then? i have seen another silver one (standard) and a red one (standard).

yeah thats mine mate. Its in there at the moment for some gearbox work! wot u driving then? i have seen another silver one (standard) and a red one (standard).

Ah right, looked nice, loving the wheels!!

I've got an anthracite GTi, just put some coils on it, theres a thread floating about on here somewhere with some pics in!

What gearbox work you having done, nothing drastic I hope?!

Ah right, looked nice, loving the wheels!!

I've got an anthracite GTi, just put some coils on it, theres a thread floating about on here somewhere with some pics in!

What gearbox work you having done, nothing drastic I hope?!

yeah thought i had seen your car. love the anthracite gti's, yours would look ace with some black wheels!!??

How blo*dy low is yours on your weitecs!!!!???? must me scraping the arches on full lock?!

yeah, pretty drastic...the swivvel arm has been rubbing stuff cus its floppy as. so the rob is being changed and the master cylinder has got a hole in which is allowing air in!which means no gears engaging whatsoever!lol...jus a measly 650 quid!!! :wacko:

presuming shes fixed soon...give us a wave when ya see me!i work on pride park...

yeah thought i had seen your car. love the anthracite gti's, yours would look ace with some black wheels!!??

How blo*dy low is yours on your weitecs!!!!???? must me scraping the arches on full lock?!

yeah, pretty drastic...the swivvel arm has been rubbing stuff cus its floppy as. so the rob is being changed and the master cylinder has got a hole in which is allowing air in!which means no gears engaging whatsoever!lol...jus a measly 650 quid!!! :wacko:

presuming shes fixed soon...give us a wave when ya see me!i work on pride park...

Haha, it's pretty low, I'm hoping to go a bit lower too, another 10mm on the fronts should be ok.

Does scrape sometimes, nothing big though!

That doesn't sound good, how many miles did that go on? £650 is a mad price!

Yeah I will do, I drive through most days to and from work so if you see me give me a flash!!

Haha, it's pretty low, I'm hoping to go a bit lower too, another 10mm on the fronts should be ok.

Does scrape sometimes, nothing big though!

That doesn't sound good, how many miles did that go on? £650 is a mad price!

Yeah I will do, I drive through most days to and from work so if you see me give me a flash!!

lower!!?? bit of drive shaft scrapage surely!?

the milage is on around 63k i think!...not seen her for 2 weeks though as the parts are yet to come into parkway!lol...happy times...

A flash ey...lol! i will do. might blind ya with the fogs though! :lol:

I'm often shopping in Derby as live near Beeston in Nottingham. Look out for a dark green sport.

yeah deffo pete lad...give us a wave!!

lower!!?? bit of drive shaft scrapage surely!?

the milage is on around 63k i think!...not seen her for 2 weeks though as the parts are yet to come into parkway!lol...happy times...

A flash ey...lol! i will do. might blind ya with the fogs though! :lol:

It will be fine!

I've just dropped it down another 10mm and it's ok, was scraping like mad when i first lowered it, sounded horrible!!

Ah right, is this a common problem, I hope not!!

Fogs?!?!

It will be fine!

I've just dropped it down another 10mm and it's ok, was scraping like mad when i first lowered it, sounded horrible!!

Ah right, is this a common problem, I hope not!!

Fogs?!?!

another 10mm at the front...you got some pics up of that mate?! bet you couldnt even fit a fag pack sideways under that mofo!? :wacko: lol.

my loops out now thank the lord. cost a silly amount to do but seems ok now...put a TOTALLY different unit back in to what was there before....which seems better made....not sure yet!

I live in Chad and am getting my green un in a day or two...my first 'modern' car, ever! Can't wait. :)

nice one charlie. got any plans for er?

nice one charlie. got any plans for er?

just changing the wheels (gash 15s) for now...coilovers or a kit one day...it's a daily...I have a mk1 cabby and mk1 Derby for all my modding needs. :) oh and a blue mk2 polo coupe S I kind of accidently bought today, woops. :lol:

Glad to hear you got the car back.

In the end I lifted it up a bit allround for handling purposes, so it's a bit higher now too!

the car is better than ever!...completely changed the gear linkage mech and feels v tight now :shades:

yeah, i was going to say....thought it might handle a little odd being sooo loooow!!lol

just changing the wheels (gash 15s) for now...coilovers or a kit one day...it's a daily...I have a mk1 cabby and mk1 Derby for all my modding needs. :) oh and a blue mk2 polo coupe S I kind of accidently bought today, woops. :lol:

cool. is your cabby a dark maroonish red and very slammed? saw one like that in parkway when i picked up loopster the other day.

nopes, mine's metallic brown with a black roof...I know the one you mean though, on BBs splits. Saw it today on raynesway. We're having a Derby VW meet on 2nd July at the John Thompson pub if anyone wants to come.

• 3 weeks later...
nopes, mine's metallic brown with a black roof...I know the one you mean though, on BBs splits. Saw it today on raynesway. We're having a Derby VW meet on 2nd July at the John Thompson pub if anyone wants to come.

wheres this ere john thompson pub then charlie??...might be able to pop down for a bit!...

Crash, it's next to swarkeston bridge, if you're local ish around derby and I can make it then I could meet you somewhere then show you the wy if you want?

Just realised it's the 2nd July today, what time?!