Does this look ok?

Hi, My boyfriend has gone to work and given me the kind / exciting job of posting a picture of a peculiar looking thing, that i think is the air filter(im gona feel like a prat if it isnt a air filter) and he would like me to ask you guys, does the air filter look ok??

CIMG3171.jpg

CIMG3172.jpg

Thanks guys

M1 2UPO

Mine looked like that when I changed it a week or so back. Whilst I had the filter box open I sprayed all round it with carb-cleaner and gave it a good clean out and then done the throttle body as that looked a bit goopy too.

Seems pretty normal to me - mine was like that - don't know when it was last replaced as I've only bought mine recently. Whacked a new one in and mopped up the gunk in the filter box n tube across the top. Lucky guy who never had oil in his!!! Sorry to go off topic a bit - regarding cleaning the throttle body - what exactly do you clean - my butterfly valve/inlet was clean n shiny - is it just this that you clean?

Seems pretty normal to me - mine was like that - don't know when it was last replaced as I've only bought mine recently. Whacked a new one in and mopped up the gunk in the filter box n tube across the top. Lucky guy who never had oil in his!!! Sorry to go off topic a bit - regarding cleaning the throttle body - what exactly do you clean - my butterfly valve/inlet was clean n shiny - is it just this that you clean?

:)

Yeah thats what you clean, usually there are black deposits around the edge of it.