Spraying alloys

ed_edgerton

so i have standard vw alloys on my little lupo and was wondering if it is easy for me to spray them white myself or should i just get someone to do it? Also does anyone have an pics of white alloys on a black lupo?

Cheers in advance

so i have standard vw alloys on my little lupo and was wondering if it is easy for me to spray them white myself or should i just get someone to do it? Also does anyone have an pics of white alloys on a black lupo?

Cheers in advance

best bet is to either strip them with nitromors and start from scratch or key them up with a scotch pad few coats primer few coats paint and as many layers of laquer u can throw at them...

if ur unsure of wot ur doing tho i wouldnt risk it

normally i would just give them a good rub down, a nice few coats of primer, then paint, and lastly a good coating of lacquer.

If you don't have access to a compressor then you're best getting them done at a good local bodyshop because the quality and finish will be much better.

A rub down with some 800 grit wet and dry, then primer, (acid etch primer first if you're down to bare metal in any places) paint, lacquer. Easy. You won't get as good as a finish as getting them properly powdercoated, but they'll still come out decent if you take your time.

I've done a few sets of wheels and ran them through winters without cleaning them and the paint still holds up fairly well, at a fraction of the cost of getting them done professionally.

A rub down with some 800 grit wet and dry, then primer, (acid etch primer first if you're down to bare metal in any places) paint, lacquer. Easy. You won't get as good as a finish as getting them properly powdercoated, but they'll still come out decent if you take your time.

I've done a few sets of wheels and ran them through winters without cleaning them and the paint still holds up fairly well, at a fraction of the cost of getting them done professionally.

Awesome thanks guys sounds good!gonna give it a go!hopefully i have the skills :coffee:

I wouldn't use Nitromors if you're painting them, as it can start to strip the new paint if you don't get every trace of it off the wheels.

Ricoshay had white Starlites on his Sport.

Jen had white Bathursts on her sport. Which she later sold to Ricoshay, as it happens.

Have a goosey in Readers Rides at them.

I just kept doing thin layers until I ran out of paint. One tin of primer, two tins of colour and one tin of lacquer.

Awesome thanks!hopefully they will look sweet! trying to get myself a 1.4 lupo so might wait but wanna do it to my alloys now anyway to see what it will look like.