GTI shocks

bobbo

now i've done searches and have'nt got a definitive answer

Will GTI shocks fit onto a non GTI without any modifications, seen some going quit cheap and obviously they'll be better than standard 1.4 (75) shocks, plus i'll be putting some 45m avo springs on them

Will GTI shocks fit onto a non GTI without any modifications, seen some going quit cheap and obviously they'll be better than standard 1.4 (75) shocks, plus i'll be putting some 45m avo springs on them

I think One Litre Wonder was runing GTi suspension on his Arosa, but I may be wrong and he may have just been running GTI springs.

Sorry, not much help.

R

There you go, up there!

Edited by Silver!

rears are the same - direct swap.

fronts have an elongated flange due to the wider track of the gti. However i do believe that by seating the hub back a bit in the flange the correct camber can be obtained.

I do however wonder about other geometry angles -- i have this setup on my car and it does work but i have reservations as stated.

I have not yet had VW set up the geometry as i am waiting until i get a new ARB and some springs i like.

Edited by sciroccotune

Yeah i read your thread on them which confused me a bit as to whether they were a direct swap or not, think i might just use standard shocks until i can afford/ be insured on coilies

Yeah i read your thread on them which confused me a bit as to whether they were a direct swap or not, think i might just use standard shocks until i can afford/ be insured on coilies

You do know that -45mm won't do much. Unless I park my Arosa next to a standard car I don't notice it's been lowered.

And it cost me (an old fart) as much on the insurance for springs and alloys as it did for coilovers.

I only want it to be subtle anyway, going for a bit of an oem look so 45mm down i hope will get it looking at a normal ride height instead of the pogo sticks its on at the moment

I park the Arosa next to my GTi and it look like it's on stilts.

I park my Arosa next to a standard 1.4 Lupo at work my Arosa looks fairly low.

I park my GTi next to the standard 1.4 Lupo at work and it looks slammed.

I park my GTi next to other lowered GTis and it looks not much better than standard.

It also depends on the wheel width and offset as I am obviously about the same as Linz (see pic below), but when she had TH Monos on she appeared lower: fatter wheels therefore filling her arches making it appear lower.

20Jan08-049x500.jpg

So yes, it does rely on what you are comparing it to. The -45mm AVO springs give a good ride quality and make it look 100% better than standard.