self inlfating tyres

Dark

car_photo_253401_7.jpg

seen this in auto express.

the tyre inflates itself using the rotation of the tyre as its used, a valve stops it over inflating. how cool is that. great idea. if it doesnt effect tyre performance it should be a winner.

That is a pretty good idea actually, and wold stop a lot of people driving with low pressure tyres.

Although i see a few problems, say if you want your own pressure, you might have found a better pressure than the maker states, but you could never set a pressure with that kind of tyre. Also im sure this will increase tyre prices a lot.

I dont agree with things like this, if people just checked their pressures once every two weeks it would be far more simple.

Did you read the BWM long term test in the back? runflat tyres for that are £250 each! totally madness. A tyre place said a normal tyre can not be fitted. So when the car is onlder and worth £2000, its going to cost half the price of the car for a new set of rubber :blink: Although im sure by then this system will either have been forgotten about or made more accessable and tyres will be cheaper.

Normal tyres for me please!