lupo 1.4s problem

ryan lupo sport

A few possibilities:

1) If the engine is cutting out as it returns to idle (e.g. when clutch is down or when braking), the idling revs/speed might need adjusting? Assuming its cable controlled, you'll need to adjust the cable so it holds the engine at idle under higher revs. Take off the air filter stuff to get to the cable adjuster - where the cable is connected to the throttle body. Then get someone to push the accelerator pedal fully down and adjust the cable connector so its tight at full throttle. Might help (never done this, but I think the VW service CD says to do this from what I remember).

2) Does it cut out when you have only (say) an eighth of a tank of petrol left? Mine has cut out on the odd occasion under braking/dipped clutch - this only seems ot happen when I've got very little fuel in the tank - so it could be the fuel filter needing replacement as it might be clogged and when running at lowest revs, with the poorest petrol quality (gunk builds up in the bottom of petrol tanks after a while), its not running efficiently enough to keep it going?

3) Or p'raps it just needs a service - plugs/leads/air filter clean etc - might not be running at full efficiency so conks out when at its lowest revs?

Hope this helps.