Declared Unsafe to Drive

minijay

You said yourself that its your first car and you learn from your mistakes. Looks like you had a good plan it just back fired. id try what i told you mate. Ive gotta use my law degree for sumet lol...best of luck mate

Thanks alot... going to give them a call tomorrow to see whats going on, if Im not happy with what they tell me, which I probably wont be, then the battle will begin. Who knows, I might be lucky and they might stick to their word and pay for everything.

i can fully understand, its your first car and u wanted to get on the road, i was the same i bought a fiat cinq sportin which came without the red key (big mistake) but all i wanted was a car so i could drive i never thought it would cost 400pound more than wot i paid for the car to get the red key lol :lol:

ull get it all sorted m8, goodluck.

they said it may or may not be covered by the warranty, depending on whats wrong with the differential...

I bet you £5 that when they pull it apart they find the bearings have failed causing damage to the diff.

They'll say that bearings are a wearing item and are not covered under warranty.

Good luck buddy.

Good luck with the claim, but worse case "if their costs are prohibitive, you could source a gearbox and get it fitted cheaper".

Don't let a one bad experience put you off VW or the Lupo.

Ray

(Apologies if this is repeating things).

If you have paid on credit, your protected further by the Credit Agreement Act of (1974) with regard to problems.

Check out these websites on buying a car and your rights:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you...ur-rights/cars/

Regarding rights and buying on credit:

http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/ilwwcm/publ...-BuyingOnCredit

Recieved a call from a 'manager' at CarCraft this morning saying that, because I've done over 3,000 miles since purchase, it has nothing to do with them anymore, so my only hope now is the NAC, which is the company providing my extended warranty. Just phoned VW and they said the cars awaiting someone to have a look at it, then when they know whats wrong... theyre going to call me back.

Makes me laugh, Im sure the 1st time I called about the warning light and gearbox whine, I'd done under 3,000 miles, but because I had to call back 5 times after recieving no call back each time, I went over the 3,000 mile limit. People could argue that I shouldn't have driven the car til it got serviced but... I didn't know it would come to this.

The manager I spoke to at CarCraft also said that if I can get a report from either RAC, or VW, saying the problem was there before I took ownership of the vehicle, then they'll 'look into it'. But 'looking into something' has little meaning these days.

Ring him back and rquest this in writing. Also have you challenged him on the 3000 mile rule? check that its in your agreement and the terms that they use as if they say about the fault occuring before 3000 they will help then this is a good leagl argument although the reasonable person would have taken it in to them, but 5 times is substantial.

Plus he is only the store manager, some feck wit that probably sold 10 cars in a week and then got promoted. Try and go higher. Contact his boss, the area or regional manager as they are one step higher up the pyramid and also looking for ****wit style promotion. The chances are they will like to have something like this on there record so will help or alternatively wont want their incompetance splashed about the press if you took it court as it would become public so they will have no choice but to do something about it.

Keep your gloves up bud...your in for a fight!

I'm going to see what Volkswagen say, they start making calls to CarCraft again. I've drafted a letter up, would someone mind drafting over it? Letting me know what to add/ what to take out etc. The bits that are highlighted red are bits that Im not sure of, or bits that dont apply(just yet). But I'm preparing for the worst. Green bits are there for your info :)

Edited by minijay

Got repair estimate from VW... entire new gearbox + fitment = £2,000 (est)... effectively, cars a write off, as its valued at £1,500

Dont be thinking its a write it off, i have a complete 1 litre auc engine and gearbox from a 46k car. that would drop straight and and cost you alot less than that!