the saxo

sTeVe-O

i've crashed one and came out ok!

i'll put pics up tomorrow evening.

loads of people on the saxo forums have crashed saxos and come out alive.

people make way too much of an issue about how flimsy saxos are. yeah they aren't as strong as a vw, but they are hardly made of kitkat wrappers!

came close to spinning my 106gti a few times, situations when you have to lift off but hadn't planned to like overtaking someone on wet roads you pull out accelerate past and then soemoene closes a gap so you have to brake and turn in, you'll only do it once but could it easily catch someone out. Suzuki had quite similar tail out antics but the stability control kept it all in check unless you switched it off which is better for 90% of the drivers out there.

P.S. my best friend from school died in his VTS with a fence post impaled through the roof, pretty sure a stronger car would have bounced off though it's not the worst car out there by a long way.

i've crashed one and came out ok!

loads of people on the saxo forums have crashed saxos and come out alive.

people make way too much of an issue about how flimsy saxos are. yeah they aren't as strong as a vw, but they are hardly made of kitkat wrappers!

:lol: That makes it ok then.

The fact is, that Saxo/106 is an atrociously bad car for safety. Awful. Its based on what must be a 20 year old design when safety was at the bottom of the designers priority list.

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/citroen_saxo_2000/70.aspx

Gotta love the brown sections covering the drivers body. Broken bones ftw! :P

:lol: That makes it ok then.

The fact is, that Saxo/106 is an atrociously bad car for safety. Awful. Its based on what must be a 20 year old design when safety was at the bottom of the designers priority list.

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/citroen_saxo_2000/70.aspx

Gotta love the brown sections covering the drivers body. Broken bones ftw! :P

who cares though?

when i buy my cars i don't think about crash protection first, i think about almost every other aspect other than that.

i ride a motorbike, maybe i have less fear than everyone else :lol:

when i bought a vts i bought it because it was quick and handled well, and was good for the money.

Edited by Adam K

came close to spinning my 106gti a few times, situations when you have to lift off but hadn't planned to like overtaking someone on wet roads you pull out accelerate past and then soemoene closes a gap so you have to brake and turn in, you'll only do it once but could it easily catch someone out. Suzuki had quite similar tail out antics but the stability control kept it all in check unless you switched it off which is better for 90% of the drivers out there.

P.S. my best friend from school died in his VTS with a fence post impaled through the roof, pretty sure a stronger car would have bounced off though it's not the worst car out there by a long way.

i econd that, my mate die when he wa thrown out of hi saxo, hi exhaust also came thro the floor and thro the windscreen