Arosas - What to check for.

jcarroll

Hi ive just bought a T Reg Arosa 1.4 SE but im a VW Golf geek and so dont know much about arosas/loops.

What should i be looking for in my new Arosa and what do i need to know, also what bhp is it?

Education is needed

Thanks Folks :confused:

The plain 1.4 is a 75bhp one - the sports have 100.

Pedal boxes have been known to break, but no goodwill from SEAT on this one as yet.

Check for rust in the gutters, around the fuel filler cap, arches, winscreen edges - there is an anti-perforation warranty though, and they don't suffer too badly.

Can't think of many major problems - just look it over like you would any golf :)

the 1.4 in the arosa was an 8v if i remember right which was 60bhp

Correct - mate at school had one as his first car. They're the same engines used in the 1.4 mk4 Polo's, mk3 Golfs and Ibiza's.

Just a 1.4 8v MPI pushing 60hp.

Facts from parkers on SEAT Arosa (97-04)1.4 MPi SE 3d

Engine Size: 1390 cc

Cylinders: 4

0-60 mph: 13.6 s

Power Output: 60 bhp

Valves: 8

Torque: 116 Nm/85 lb-ft

Top Speed: 100 mph

Fuel tank: 34L

Weight 895 kg

Fuel Delivery: Multupoint electronic injection

MPG: 45

Insurance Group: 3

Sorted...60 whole horses! To be fair ive had it a week and a half now and ive gotta say im very impressed. Clutch is a tad funny so need to change the cable and apart from that its a winner. Lucking for some cheap lowering springs at the mo as cant afford coilovers. Anyone got any springs? Gonna go about 60mm if i can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im thinking that i might put it on coilies and some nice zender fake splits and then maybe, that is a big maybe either sell it to a youngter and buy a sport or do something really entertaining under the bonnet. Need to prevent the understeering first or itll get modded by a truck lol.