human stem cells from cow eggs

Dark

this is one of todays news topics. scientists have been given permision to reasearch human embryos/cells developed inside cow eggs.

giving 99.9% human reproducing cells. there is an element of ethical protesting going on about this and legal challeges will ensue.

this is very advanced research and will likely lead to cures to very nasty human diseases, maybe including cancers. my point would be as even if it does get banned somewhere in the world will continue the research, and cures will be found. what would be the ethical choice of a protester who say in 15 years time there young son or daughter develops a serious illness and a cure is available, but only because of the drugs developed by the human stem cell research. do they let their child die or have a low quality of life? i think they would see it differently and be tempted to allow there child to take the medication. unless they were really insane..

any views?

Most of these people who protest against biological research are very ill informed and are just looking for an argument. Whatever you do, they're always going to disagree with something. So be it I say. I think they should be added to a list though that prevents them from attaining any drugs or medical aid that has come about as a result of any form of biological or animal testing.

I always wonder that - all these people who protest against testing on animals for medical research (you can kind of see the point for make-up as its not exactly lifesaving), do they never use any medication thats been tested on animals?

Most of these people who protest against biological research are very ill informed

You can just see them arguing that when a cow lays its eggs we should not kill the baby cow inside. Kicking off in there leather shoes and wearing a cagoulle made in a chinese sweat shop.

My argument is that any research that can improve the quality of life for humans should be carried out. And as stated people should understand that every single medical drug and surgical procedure has been tested on animals. So if they take a pain killer then that has been tested on cute little bunnies.

Remember its not just activists that might prohibit certain drugs/ practices.

Religion can be just as bad, pour example: the baby that died due to not been allowed a blood transfusion- Johovas Witness beliefs.

I fckuing hate the idea of animal testing. The image of a cat rigged up to a tank of tubes pumping petrol through its body makes me utterly disgusted. But I go and use Shell petrol, so I am a hypocrit.

I'd say the majority of such testing is beneficial for humans, but its the ways that its done that is the cruel part.

I wonder what all this science will bring us for the future.

I am well up for a bit of animal testing and human testing too.

I like religion.... Good way of keeping populations down. Also if they figured out it was a load of **** we would be all screwed!