Annoying wheel thread

L119 UPO

Probably give you some jip, really. My 8*15's et25 scrubbed a fair bit front and back with 205 tyres on, depends how much of a stretch and how low you go though. They were ok with 165's.

Would look the danglies though.

Yeah i think ill give them a go because the car isnt lowered much on the coilovers, there are still small gaps in the arches as the driveway and local roads don't permit any more lowering. Looks good as it is in my opinion, and doesnt have a negative effect on handling.

Where did your wheels rub Phil ? on the outsides or the insides ?

Could always stick 5mm spacers on if that was a problem.

I bet the rears will catch even if it's not overly low. 8.5's are very wide with such a low offset. Also there's no way that an 8J rim with an et of 25 will sit the same as a bathurst which are et 43 odd and only 6.5" wide. The bathursts will sit a good 2" further into the car. You then mention they are et 40. If this is the case then an 8j and an 8.5j with such a high offset will probably catch your coilovers on the inside. I reckon minimum offset for this width would need to be 35 to clear the inside but much lower than that and you'll get scrubbage. It's a finely balanced art!!

I bet the rears will catch even if it's not overly low. 8.5's are very wide with such a low offset. Also there's no way that an 8J rim with an et of 25 will sit the same as a bathurst which are et 43 odd and only 6.5" wide. The bathursts will sit a good 2" further into the car. You then mention they are et 40. If this is the case then an 8j and an 8.5j with such a high offset will probably catch your coilovers on the inside. I reckon minimum offset for this width would need to be 35 to clear the inside but much lower than that and you'll get scrubbage. It's a finely balanced art!!

You reckon 3mm further in than bathursts will scrub then ? the 8.5 rears will be et22 and the 8j fronts will be et28. opinions welcome.

Sorry, I meant the inside of the wheel will sit in the same position as the bathursts. That's according to that little tyre size and offset calculator that was posted up on here a while ago, I'll be buggered if I can find it now though.

My 8's with 205's still caught on the back even when it was quite high.

This might help some people.

OffsetImagexyz.jpg

Edited by Philplop