heated leather

Switches are £50 each, no one has ever put up here (as far as i know) a proper wiring diagram so the bit's involved are still a bit of a mystery. It can all be bought from VW and if you do get it that's the easy bit, the hard bit is wiring it in...

Your best bet might be finding a car with them that's being broken. There are often plenty of Golfs, Boras, A3's etc on eBay being broken. If you get in touch with the breaker / seller and make an offer for all the bits you need you should save a fortune over VW prices.

They look lovely - also reminded me that i need to get a gearlever gaiter with the red stitching. :)

have you got a newer GTi then? we found that in my partners 54 plate, it had this leatherette spotty thing! the leather knob and gaiter will set you back about £80 from VW though

have you got a newer GTi then? we found that in my partners 54 plate, it had this leatherette spotty thing! the leather knob and gaiter will set you back about £80 from VW though

She's an 05, yea its got the leathertte spotty one.

Ouch, didn't realise it would be that expensive - will keep my eyes peeled for one :shades:

Love the red paint work, I haven't seen a red one about yet.

Got my leather gear knob and gaitor for £47 i think from VW abaout 4 months ago. its just standard 6 speed gti with red stitching down the knob and gaitor. Had to wait about 7 days for one to come from the home land tho.

Mine was ordered from the Doncaster branch but they were nice enough to post it to me for free.

Got my leather gear knob and gaitor for £47 i think from VW abaout 4 months ago. its just standard 6 speed gti with red stitching down the knob and gaitor. Had to wait about 7 days for one to come from the home land tho.

Mine was ordered from the Doncaster branch but they were nice enough to post it to me for free.

then you were very lucky and under charged imo! luke got his recently from a dealer friend at a discounted rate and it was certainly not £47!

i will have a look for the invoice now. i got it for my birthday because the leather on my gaitor had gon all crappy and pealed off

no its ok i believe you! just saying you were lucky :shades: