Creaking noise!

:confused:

Any ideas what this could be..... creaking noise from front passenger & drivers sides when turning, going over bumps/ramps and travelling around roundabouts - intermittently. Could it be: wishbones / engine struts / suspension springs?

Anyone else with similar problem?

:confused:

Any ideas what this could be..... creaking noise from front passenger & drivers sides when turning, going over bumps/ramps and travelling around roundabouts - intermittently. Could it be: wishbones / engine struts / suspension springs?

Anyone else with similar problem?

Have you changed your shockers. Richs car did this for ages and it was a loose top mount. Check em first cos most people dont have the tools to tighten them right up and some garages just wont bother or will use a windy gun which isn't good enough.

I had something like this on my brand new Lupo Sport back in 2000, a creaking from under the passanger seat. VW supposedly stripped down the suspension but it never went away. Was like riding round on an old bed. I just turned the radio up after I got over the fact that the car was sh*te.

Does it sound like something is bending?

I get the same problem when putting the car in full lock without moving.

Every car i've driven with power steering does this. Its the power steering pump still trying to assist in turning the wheels. Just dont put full lock on when static. Easy fix.

And last post, yes just use a top nut tool. Or a sparkplug socket as they tend to have a hexed head that you can grip with a spanner and drop the spline bit through the top.

Where is the sound coming from? I hear this by the doors, where the door meets B pillar. Just assumed it was the chassis moving a little.

It's coming (roughly) from the front arches but sounds much closer when when driving. Also, the odd time it comes from the back passenger side arch but not so often as the front.

I detest the thought of having to take it to a garage, a woman walking into a mechanics asking for a creaking sound to be checked out is just asking to be ripped off....... :(