My Car, "work in progress"

tiernz

13326545a6192770757l.jpg

13326545a6192770793l.jpg

13326545a6192770840l.jpg

13326545a6192770865l.jpg

Bought the car 15th November (day I passed) for £1999, in Doncaster (about 15 miles away) It's done 50k miles and looks like this. It says it's SE and stuff but I'm not sure whats 'Special' about it to be honest.

Anyway debadging it and making my grille (and badge) all black this week. Also going to probably smoke my headlights if I get time. So i'll put up some photos soon.

CRASHED! DOH! Not a write off luckily. Not claiming either, going to try and get the parts myself and sort it. Need a bonnet, bumper, grille and valance (grille surround piece).

Edited by tiernz

sounds good

bummer about crashing it :lol:

was gonna do the smoking headlights DIY thing but i'm not brave enough

dad would go spare if I cocked it up :rolleyes:

make sure you post some pictures when you've done some more to it :shades:

• 1 month later...

13326545a6853730979l.jpg

debadged. black vw badge bought off ebay. german number plates from dubmeister.

13326545a6853731319l.jpg

considering a window tint.

13326545a6853732010l.jpg

sprayed standard alloys red. red cult caps, bought off hardwork on here.

13326545a6853731699l.jpg

smoked headlights. probably could have gone for a darker shade of black.

13326545a6853732373l.jpg

definitely needs lowering!

13326545a6853800869l.jpg

replacing the standard rear lights with cambridge lights soon hopefully.

13326545a6853850759l.jpg

repurcussions of the crash! didnt do it through insurance, bought the parts myself, got a rubbish bumper, but it got the car back on the road at least!

13326545a6853851089l.jpg

anyone else get these little things with their car?

Let me know what you think... I know the pictures aren't great, the cars not quite as shiney as it could have been and it looks like a a 4 x 4, but it's a work in progress!

Next Mods (1-4 hopefully by edition).

1. Get sub box (£40) and amp (40) and new front door speakers (free).

2. New front bumper (?), sort front end out- tidy it up.

3. Coilovers- Lowered (250).

4. Tyres 165/50 (150) and adaptors (150). Refurb Teledials (150), black- polished lip. Stick them on.

5. Smooth bonnet and boot. (250)

6. GTI spoiler (50-120)

7. Tint rear windows. (120) and remove rear wiper.

Edited by tiernz

Not sure on the wheels, think you might have overdone it slightly with the red drums.

Whats going on with the paint on the front bumper?

I like the black rear badge and headlights too :shades:

Yeah perhaps I have in fairness. But I have Teledials sitting at home which are silver. And they will be going on when I can fund tyres and adaptors. So the red spray of the standards was kind of a make-shift experiment until they do.

As for the bumper. When I crashed I had to search for spares and I got offered a bumper (very very cheap) was told it was in poor condition but would get my car back on the road, so I took it. Will get replaced.

Thats not a standard thing, someone must have fitted it.

lol so the whole "2 previous old lady owners" line was bullsh*t then, unless they were granny ravers!

Edited by tiernz

lol so that old "2 previous old lady owners" line was bullsh*t then, unless they were granny ravers!

Haha, oldest story in the car sale sbook that!

I take it they got the chrome grill fitted too, since i dont think that was an option and it wasnt there from new.

Still though i liked that, was it broken in the accident?

Ive just noticed its got red drums and calipers in the first pics, a old lady owner wont have painted them surely :confused:

Edited by cardaft

Looks good base to start on. i would lose the red rear drums tho bit chavy in my opinion. Some crazy coloured centres ftw on the teldials and decked!Looks good base to start on. i would lose the red rear drums tho bit chavy in my opinion. Some crazy coloured centres ftw on the teldials and decked!

What would look nice imo is to paint the drums black (afterall why advertise the fact you have drums!) and then do your red wheels white, white wheels and the black car will look very nice. :shades:

Teledials look very nice B)

Edited by cardaft

What would look nice imo is to paint the drums black (afterall why advertise the fact you have drums!) and then do your red wheels white, white wheels and the black car will look very nice. :shades:

Teledials look very nice B)

i like that idea alot actually.

still not entirely sure what to do with the teledials. dunno what colours to go for, if any.

Edited by tiernz

look at earnies ride for an idea of red teledials. how about keeping them silver? or how about gunmetaL centres? or something crazy like orange.. will look alot different when lowered.

gunmetal i think