blackening your vw front grille badge

ELLw00D

I would sand back the chrome so it is dull, this is so the new paint sticks to it. Then it would be a good idea to primer it as a base coat for the black, then use a satin black paint to finnish it off.

Make sure you get any greasy finger marks off before painting it or you will get 'sillicones' - little spots where the paint wont stick - do this by giving it a quick wash after sanding with some washing up liquid, then dry off with some kitchen roll + a hairdryer ;)

The grille is black plastic so it does not have a paint code.

Post up pictures when your done!

the right grit sandpaper would do the job too :P something like a 1200 wet and dry would do the job.

It sure would, but scotchbrite would be easier it can bend and flex into all the nooks and crannys. Seeing as you just want to take off the chrome coating and give it a nice smooth key without rounding off the edges.

I just done mine last week. I just sanded it down a bit so that the primer/spray paint would stick then put some Laquer on it.

Its easy enough getting it off just push the clips in then should pull out.

Have a look at readers rides you'll see my one that i done, in the middle of doing the back one.