shoud I ?

been offered this for a decent price, all brand new etc with the wiring kit, obv wont fir in my arosa but i know a bloke who will build us a custom box and fit it all etc, will still cost be a fair bit but i should get it a bit cheaper , well i better do ha! .

i know they are huge lol :)

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/3010.html

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/3014.html

thanks

rich

yea , not getting that any more ha, im like a woman ;)

custom box will be no way near big enough to power it (air etc)

should be buying one of these daddies £300 not cheap but good stuff, if i buy tomorow it will be with me friday, cant beat that ha :

http://www.ozaudio.com/pages/ME15.html

let us know what you think

thanks

rich

bloke i know owns rmd audio will be building it for me etc so will all be done to the correct measurements,

as for budget, anything that takes my fancy, up to 1k probably,

sub - £300

amp -£400

then will buy a decent set of components and an amp to power that,

then probably 100 for the box, may be more, then it will all be retrimed in cream leather :)

thats the plan

rich

thats some serious money mate, you do know itll cost an extra few hundred for the fixtures, wires, splits , batteries. .etc

but for that price you cud get some serious Subbage, Re Audio and Jl Audio is the way forward imo ( Oh also Orion seem very good atm heard good things)

caraudiodirect.co.uk V.goood ;) Im getting the top promo package on there

Edited by Scoff

15" is way too much for a lupo, you should be looking at a 12" max. The 15" will put out high Spl level but will sound like its droning (ie no definition of tone or response) which wont be helped by the lack of airspace volume in the cabin. If your set on a 15" you should keep your eyes peeled for a Cerwin Vega Stroker, a bit thin on the ground these days but can be sought for good money, very under-rated on power handling- they'll easily suck up 4000w rms if you want to go crazy!

Edited by Max69vk

What are you on about air space? if the box is the right size itll be fine, also taking the rear seats out,

also tunning the box to a higher Hz will over come the droning, but i realy dont see the point if you want street bass

Speaker response is affected not only by the airspace in the box but also the airspace in the cabin, & lets be honest now, how practical is it to take the rear seats out of the car just for a bit of bass? Tuning the box wont help with the droning either, all it will do is shift the peak response up the frequency scale. A 15" by nature will drone due to their relatively low response time, something a smaller sub i.e a 12" or 10" wouldn't suffer from as badly.

your saying the volume in the lupo willl effect a 15inch woofer?. seems a little far fetched to me, never heard anything like that on Talk Audio.co.uk or from my mate who tests and reveiws the audio :/ But i will look into it. Thanks!

Still deffinalty getting a 15inch tho,

and

how practical is it to take the rear seats out of the car just for a bit of bass?

dont insult me :D hehehe

Thanks

Without getting into the over technicalities of it all the cabin volume will affect the sound heard by the listener, not the actual movement of the cone itself as that will be controlled by the space volume in the box. End of the day its horses for courses depending on what you want out of the system. :)

Speaker response is affected not only by the airspace in the box but also the airspace in the cabin, & lets be honest now, how practical is it to take the rear seats out of the car just for a bit of bass? Tuning the box wont help with the droning either, all it will do is shift the peak response up the frequency scale. A 15" by nature will drone due to their relatively low response time, something a smaller sub i.e a 12" or 10" wouldn't suffer from as badly.

Max is talking along the right lines there, a 15" sub is rediculous for any car in my opinion let alone an Arosa/Lupo. As said before this kind of setup is geared towards very poor sound.

Might be great for playing those test tones, but not music.

33 and 34 Hz tunning is the most popular and most common for Street bass boxes,

As i have said above im NOT going for SQ 40-50Hz And how can you say 15inch is rediculious for any car, its down to the persons taste you cant say its ridiculious, well it is ridiculious bass :D, but you may not like bass as much as i do, and probably rich by the sounds of it.

SQ may be your taste but imo saying its 15inch sub is ridiculious in any car is Ridiculious.

Good Discussion tho, Sry for the numerious posts rich im sure u wont mind

If you're after 'ridiculous' bass you could spend X amount on a mediocre 15", or the same amount on decent 12" & get better SQ & SPL. Bigger isn't always better when it comes to bass speakers, there are so many other factors to take into account as well as cone size.

No such thing as top of the range, just variations on the same concept. Plus that JBL sub is a proven awesome bit of kit, its not always about what you read, but also about what you know ;)

BACK ON TOPIC: Any more news on the system Rich?

Edited by Max69vk

cheers for all this, been a good read, i looked at that sub, its good for the money but i dont rate them much, not a fan of jbl at all but thats just my opinion

and i am getting this 15" sub, and totally agree can get better sound out of a 12" but im not after the best sound etc, im after a good looking 15" sub, that works well in many ways and kicks like feck ;) , not going to be used for the radio etc or probably not used much, im doing it mainly for the shows, will look good in its custom box surrounded by cream leather :) , the sub looks good imo and the jbl one is more the chav look no offence ;) , the box will be big enough, getting it all done properly by pros not cowboy rich ha,

posting the cheque off tomorrow for £260 managed to get it from a different supplier,

hopefully im happy with it, its all fun and games,

thanks

rich,

I know what you mean about the look of the sub, I have no idea why manufacturers seem to focus more on making the basket end so much better looking than the cone side, its not like everyone wants to mount their sub backwards! :lol: