The red fire engine

Red Lup Gti

The Beast

MVC00189.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00191.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00193.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00196.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00197.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00198.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00204.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice m8 n very very clean iv been thinking off puting the standard lights back on for a while now n i think uv just made my mind up do u get alot off rubbing on the 17s n wot polish do u use n sorry for the one hundred in 1 Qs

Doesn't look much like a fire engine now it's lowered.

Seen some double decker busses around london with centre exit zorsts, think they might have taken inspiration from your loop...

Just kiddin! Looking excellent as usual. How did you make it look so shiney in the pics??

All i done was give it a quick wash!!! (cheers Clifford)

no polish used on it im afraid!!

The 17''s did rub but i had to do quite abit on arch work to stop them rubbing!!

Pics were taken near Cliffords (Blackrats) house in Peterborough!!

Wiked day!

full marks to John!!

it is the engine management lit and it is on cause of the `de-cat`!!

Getting it turned off at the next meet tho!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It comes on because all modern VAG cars have two lambda sensors, one before the cat and one after the cat. The `after-cat` one is used primarily to determine whether or not the emissions are OK.

Obviously, once the cat is removed, the second lambda sensor is not receiving the data it expects, so throws up a fault code. Unfortunately, the second lambda sensor is also partly used to control fuel trim, which means that the car will also be running rich/lean (almost certainly rich) resulting in lower performance and higher fuel consumption.

Ironically, unless you keep resetting the ECU (which also resets the fuel trim values, so it stops running rich for a couple of days) you'll probably find that you are getting the same or even possibly less performance from the `de-cat` than you would have by keeping the standard cat on!

You can get devices which basically replace the rear lambda sensor, and are supposed to feed correct data to the ECU. I don't have any experience with them though :?

i had the `de-cat` on for 2 months before the check loght came on!!!

performancs is better too

can reach limiter in 5th now and couldnd before!!

Fair enough. Might be worth investing in your own copy of `VAG-COM` though :wink:

Edit: Actually, for most Seat cars, the fuel trim adjustment via the second Lambda sensor was only introduced in `mid-2001`. If that was the case for the Lupo as well, yours might be early enough to not suffer degraded performance with the cat removed. I'm guessing it's gonna be early 2001 if it's a `5-speed`?