new arosa

Mitch235

fellow arosa fans (i have finially found you)

got a driving lisence a few months back and decided to buy myself an arosa. got some cash now and wanna spend it on some worthwhile mods.

everything is 110% standard atm and the cars mint. its got 33,000 on the clock, FSH, 4 new tyres (looking a little scrubbed now though), the rear tyre had never been touched (or the jacks etc) and cassette player had not even been used! all for £1600 (which i thought was a fair price)

i need some help and advice

im thinking about going for a euro look.. but i live in the countryside so if i stupidly low im not gonna get from A to B (and as this is my only car A to B is essential)

i was wondering what wheels are a sensible size (im thinking 16's!?) but is it better to go for 15's and go lower? what have other people done (lowering and wheel size) as i want to avoid scrubbing at all costs!

i would be up for any alternative suggestions (to the euro look) just give ideas....

also im having a bit of a nightmare with sorting out my system. cant get the head unit out... (which is stupid i no) ive pressed cocktail sticks into the four holes which i was told would allow the unit to pop out. but this is not happening! and its only a tape radio/cassette so it needs to go!

also i cant get the tweaters in the dash out. is there a clip or somthing? im afraid of ramming a screw driver down the side in case i damage my baby! also i got the pannel off to have a look at the door speaker to find it mounted onto a plastic casing which is rivited into the door. i could drill out the rivets but i would prefer to do somthing alittle smarter... any suggestions?

im not thinking engine yet- its only a 1.0 so what is there to do?

heres a few pics.

Any help appricated, Cheers Mitch :coffee:

image312cg2.th.jpg

image310wi7.th.jpg

image313gi0.th.jpg

i know what you mean about not wanting to go low on country roads mate , still , doesnt stop me :lol: mind you speed bumps and sudden dips do :lol: 45mm is a min amount of lowering that is worth while , 30mm and you will hardly notice it at all cause the car is sooooo high as standard

wheels - 16's do fit on a 45mm drop but 95% of us on here are running 14's or 15's cause they fit so much better and you have less scrubbing problems . only thing i would say is i live out in the middle of nowhere as well mate , the down side is with Euro wheels with a dish on them they suffer on the country roads , one pot hole and you will put a flat spot on the rim so you will end up running the Euro rims in the summer and then have a cheap set of winter wheels that you can batter about in , in winter so the good wheels dont get ruined

also im having a bit of a nightmare with sorting out my system. cant get the head unit out... (which is stupid i no) ive pressed cocktail sticks into the four holes which i was told would allow the unit to pop out. but this is not happening! and its only a tape radio/cassette so it needs to go!

im not thinking engine yet- its only a 1.0 so what is there to do?

the best way of getting the headunit out is rather than cocktail sticks , when i do headunits that need 4 prongs to get them out is a biro , if you get 4 cheap biros with the plastic ink cartrige and remove them from the plastic grip ( but if you accidentally remove the tip make sure ink doesnt go all over your car ) as the plastic cartridge fits perfectly into the holes and if you get 4 cartridges at the same time it should slide out

as for the engine , its a 1litre and no amount of mods will make it any faster unless your going to spend uber money on it so its the one thing theres no point in doing to be honest mate

Looks good, Ive got the same shape arosa and mine is lowered 40mm with 15's. The tyre size can be an issue as well for rubbing, I had 195/50/15 on my old alloys and they rubbed when you hit a dip but ive got 195/45/15 on the alloys ive got on now and there fine. Hope this helps and keep us updated of your progress with it.

• 2 weeks later...

i am having a nightmare getting the head unit out. im getting angry but dont wanna damage the surround!

Is this just becasue of how long its been in there???

and which unit should i buy?

Blaupunkt Kingston; http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/6577.html

or

Blaupunkt London;

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/5691.html

Cheers Mitch!

Oh and Robbie, One Litre wonder and Lunalupi. your cars arelooking awesome!

:shades:

see being a student , its taken 3years to get to this stage :lol:

Welcome to the forum matey :wave: 14"-15" are definately the way to go, any larger & your motor will look like a roller skate :lol:

or look like its been jacked up with massive wheels on it

i just read my own comment.... its not really explainging my problem. ive got the biro's and all four click but the unit is refusing to come out!

should i just try and try again or is there a more effective way?

Cheers Mitch

oh and somebody bumped me today. im steaming!

first damage (just a little) scape to the bumper! ill get some pics up soon and see what you lot think i should do!

:angry:

sometimes when the biro cartrige feels like it wont go in any further thats it just hitting the bit it needs to be pushed through , what happens if you push it a fraction harder ?

i got it out! bottom left catche was so stiff! had to get the screwdrivers out!

broke the tape player in the process!

gonna order the new head unit tonight...

which one??? (or any other suggestions for similer money)

Blaupunkt Kingston; http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/6577.html

or

Blaupunkt London; http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/5691.html

Cheers Mitch!