does any 1 have a pic off cambridge light

jpgti

Thanks for the pic, wondered for ages what they look like. I like them, and with the colour of my car think they would look smart. How much with fitting from vw then?

I've heard they're about 50 quid a pair from VW, with a full bulb tray. (is that right kiddub??)

Don't pay for fitting!! It's one screw and a plug per side!

...and yes, I think they would suit your car very well Andy!

Sorry mate, changed that to 50 - not sure tbh, but I know it's around that price!!

It's really a 5 second job - I saw Si change his at inty, never knew it'd be so simple. If you know a friendly stealer person, I'm sure they'd do it for you. You'll need the part numbers too...

£50's still good. Anyone got the part number? Or can I ask at the vw service desk and will they know what I'm on about? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Bah - thought I might be the first person to get 'em with a silver car then biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Why are they called Cambridge lights, anyway?

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
Courtesy of Alvaro...

QUOTE(Blue Loop)
My dealer said they couldn't get them, but hey, it's Spain lol

Part Numbers:

`6X0-945`-`095-F`

`6X0-945`-`096-F`

Looking at Etka, these lights are described as 'dimmed' and are supposed to be for the `right-hand`-drive market only. Don't know why, but presumably that's why the spanish dealer was reluctant to order them.

The price is 33.67 each side 67.34 for the pair they are also called windsor lights both are named after the edition of lupo that were made to go with them

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Looking at Etka again, they're actually described as for '`right-hand` traffic' only, i.e. where people drive on the right. Also, the left hand light is the only one described as having a foglight - seems odd, as the pictures seem to suggest it could have one on both sides.

If it's true about the foglight, the car would probably fail an MOT with them on.

You should only have a foglight on one side, although for some reason some manufacturers still make them with a light on both sides.

The reason for this is so that they don't get confused with brake lights which are the same intensity.

If you look at your standard lights, you'll only have one fog light (and probably only wiring for one fog light as well).

They'll be fine for an MOT.

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
You should only have a foglight on one side, although for some reason some manufacturers still make them with a light on both sides.

The reason for this is so that they don't get confused with brake lights which are the same intensity.

If you look at your standard lights, you'll only have one fog light (and probably only wiring for one fog light as well).

They'll be fine for an MOT.

Cool. Will be ordering some tonight, so will confirm the price and how long they'll take (I'm guessing there won't be any in the country, but we'll see)