had to order new tyres after being pulled yesterday for a check.Getting two 195/45/15's as i couldnt get the 205's in time for vagfest and my passenger front is illegal, just wondering if this will look a bit odd as iv got 205's the now and only replacing two.and should the skinnier tyres be on the front or back?

cheers

I have SP2040 195/45s up front and SP2000 205/45s on the rear, the only noticebale difference is the 195s don't have rim protection.

Whats 10/9mm between friends?

Oh! the 9mm could have meant having to raise the car to get into the drive! See what happens when the rubber starts disappearing!

Ray

Oh! the 9mm could have meant having to raise the car to get into the drive! See what happens when the rubber starts disappearing!

This might be a daft question, if it is, don't shoot me too much wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Does it make any difference if you go onto your drive in reverse, rather than forwards? I always thought that it's cos the front of the nose scrapes, which is why when I'm parking up kerbs i always reverse up them. That and there's no tracking to knock out if you hit the kerb too quickly...

This might be a daft question, if it is, don't shoot me too much wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Does it make any difference if you go onto your drive in reverse, rather than forwards? I always thought that it's cos the front of the nose scrapes, which is why when I'm parking up kerbs i always reverse up them. That and there's no tracking to knock out if you hit the kerb too quickly...

I've never looked underneath to see what the clearance is.

First time I put the car on the drive I reversed in eyes squinted waiting for the noise...

When that was OK I took it out and came in forward, once again eyes squinted waiting for the grinding.

Nae probs, but i still come in slowly. The 195 tyres are 9mm shorter in the diameter than 205, so as the rubber wears down it's going to get closer to the ground. I will have to check the clearance sometime.

R

Surely it's only the radius that matters? So a 205/45 tyre is only 4.5mm 'shorter' than a 195/45 tyre?

I've thought that about reversing too, it kind of makes sense, but I'm not sure. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />