Connecting extras to the standard head unit.....

Hey guys,

I've got an RCD 200 in my vdub. I have heard that adapters can be got which allow it to output to a amp or similar - anyone know where I can get this or know any informed people in the Kent area?

Thanks!

Rob

• 1 year later...
Hey guys,

I've got an RCD 200 in my vdub. I have heard that adapters can be got which allow it to output to a amp or similar - anyone know where I can get this or know any informed people in the Kent area?

Thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob, your local branch of Halfrauds should stock a line output connector for £6.99 (autoleads part number PC1-601H)

It consists of 5 wires 2x white, 2x black and a grey earth on one end, and an RCA left/right on the other. You essentially connect the black and white wires to say, your rear speaker output on the radio connector block, grey goes to earth, and the RCA plugs straight into you amp. As the RCA cable is very short, you'll need to connect a long extension then run it down the side of the car under the carpet to the boot and you amp. I've just bought one and will be doing the above this weekend (weather permitting) :)