Hi all!

Nick™

Right well im Nick 18 from bristol area in southwest uk. Bit of history:

Started life in a saxo furio (1.4 with the vt kit), ok it was a saxo but it was my pride and joy as is anyones first car! When it comes to cars im pretty track orientated but with no driving experience there was no way i was going to take my car on a track so instead i just went for my idea of a track theme with it and i loved it!

carrr193.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

carrr198.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I had a rear disk brake conversion, vts axle. Bought the alloys cheap, refurbed them sprayed them black. Uprated disks and pads all round, painted calipers red. Few minor weight reductions including rear seats spare wheel etc. Changed the standard blue carpet to a vtr black one. Smoked the front head lights. Stainless steel exhaust system, enclosed filter and remapped and there may be few other things but i cant think! Overall though i loved it, it was nippy and managed to keep up with mk 1 vtrs and wasnt to far off mk2 vtrs to 60, after they had me but i was benifitting cheaper tax insurance and feul economy!

But as time went on i started getting a few little problems, with my old job i was doing 1000 miles a week so the wear and tear really did effect it.

Anyways from there i made probably the worst decision of my life so far, at 18 i part exchanged it for a clio 182:

DSC00062.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00063.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Now the car itself was an absolute monster, to think at the end of it its just a clio! Standard with all the gizmos xenons, half leather upholstry, cruise control, climate control auto lights wipers and the list goes on!! The handling of it was just superb and well the car was amazing! However as you can probably tell the insurance for an 18 year old is going to be quite high and that it was. The insurance was a tad under 4k for the year however i could afford it and so on so why not, young no other real responsibilities in life so all seemed a good idea!

However, after 4 months of owning and loving the car it all went bad for me, the mobile phone law came into effect. Long story short was just gone 12pm pulled up at some lights when my phone rang. For someone to ring me at that sorta time i assumed it would of had to have been important so answered the phone and litterally seconds later a police car pulls up on my right!! SO yeh 3 points £60 fine, i was in the wrong and i accept that so paid up and later produced my licence. Anyway due to tight restrictions on my policy i am to inform my insurance of any slight change such as points straight away in which i did and my insurance then rose to 5.2k!! Quite frankly i cant afford/justify going that far on insurance so had no choice but to sell up!

Now what to get in replacement, i was quite upset at the time to say the least so i gave up in one respect and just decided to get something cheap to to insure and above all wanted a slow car so id look at is as more of a means of transport as opose to a hobby. I bought a, well see for yourself!

CIMG0041-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Yes a citroen c2, but it gets worse. I went for the sensodrive (semi automatic!)

Never been in a car so slow in my life, but to give it its due its got to be the most stress free easiest car on the road! The steering is just over light, you get a go pedal and a stop pedal and thats it. Feul consumption is rather disapointing round town with it in fully auto but hey it does what i wanted it to do and the insurance is just great!!

So why am i here? Basically come the end of the year i want a new car, the c2 was just for a year to wait for insurance to drop a bit more with my extra years (hopefully) ncb. An im sure youve guessed what car i want next! Lupo gti.

As you can probably tell im a great fan of small hatchbacks. The lupo is just so sexy imo and different. There are so little of them in my area as opose to any other hatchback. An the ones you do see are either standard or euro! And me loving the track image gives me the chance to be a little different with it (i know others have track preped lupos and so on but talking of my area and the majority smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />). So basically im hee really to learn and admire your cars until the end of the year comes when i can join you all in owning (imo) one of the sexiest hatchbacks ever made wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sorry to have bored you!

Nick

Welcome cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

good luck with finding your gti smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hiya, welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You must like french cars do you ? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Whats the senso drive furio like? ive heard they can be quite slow to change, like a smart laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

What kind of lupo are you looking for, a GTi?

The senso is just pointless tbh, its so slow changing its unreal! The car itself for a 1.4 is quite nippy (same engine as my saxo was) however as soon as it comes to changing gear thats it youve had it!! An yeh will have to be the gti, stunning little cars!!

Thanks all for the warm welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

welcome shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> what a great intro! hehe

gutted about the phone, i would have answered it that late at night too! hope you guilted the person that rung you hehe

good choice with the gti you really won't regret it, they are fantastic cars wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Jen x