just bought an exhaust

jamiea7x

bought an exhaustoff the bay to the E, it was listed for being for a gti but it should fit a spport right?

best thing is it was a friggin tenner! yas baragin(well it will be if it fits..)

her tis

544102870cc205b4b02omw1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

think it looks arite?

i did see while on ebay, i didnt like the look of what looks like a break or split which has been covered in Gun Gum type gunk. or modified in some type of way, the bends are good and mandrel type near the exit, but then look at the other side and the bore size is crimped down. doesnt make sence.

Edited by qually

i did see while on ebay, i didnt like the look of what looks like a break or split which has been covered in Gun Gum type gunk. or modified in some type of way, the bends are good and mandrel type near the exit, but then look at the other side and the bore size is crimped down. doesnt make sence.

i saw that but i thot feck it its a tenner cant really go wrong...

does i tlook the right shape for gti/sport fitment( as in the bends n stuff

That looks a bit strange, l'm currently selling an exhaust for a GTI or Sport and it looks nothing like that. Plus that silencer looks tiny, it'll be well nosiey and the novelty will soon were off when your ears are bleeding after a 10 minute drive down the motorway.

craigscarstuff003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Thats what a proper GTI or Sport Exhaust looks like.

it doesnt look the same as a gti fitment for a normal back box. 1st pic.

That looks a bit strange, l'm currently selling an exhaust for a GTI or Sport and it looks nothing like that. Plus that silencer looks tiny, it'll be well nosiey and the novelty will soon were off when your ears are bleeding after a 10 minute drive down the motorway.

craigscarstuff003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

that looks better quality.

Edited by qually

you can see how it should be with no bend in direction as it goes towards the front of the car. where as the 1st one bends off to the right.

hmmm intresting...any1 confirm this?

ill need to gte it onto axle stands and have a look see if it follows the right path..

yes look at this pic of how the back box should look normally. ignore the lovely jap stainless system.

p1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

yours.

544102870cc205b4b02omw1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by qually

I think you've had your pants pulled down mate. Thats what happens when you try and do things on the cheap, they end up causing more problems and costing more money to put right.

may be, if it s ****ed its ****ed ill punt it back on ebay

if not then its a plus

Yeah, its as plain as a builders bum. It goes the wrong way at the end where the back box should end and start to join the rest of the system.

going to mail him as to wher this came from if it came from a gti or he just happened to have it

that will fit, thats how my system is that i got made up

cheers paulbin tis what im wanting to be hearing....

roughly if its a straight fit how much for fitting

dont have etools/equipment/knowledge to fit it myself

the reason they shapped it like that is because they used a straight back box, its only because vw used a silly backbox people think they need one like that.

you will have to work out where urs will need cutting off, then join them together and either weld them together (which would be better) or get a different piece of larger pipe and sleeve it.

urs will join up to the original system but will go diagonally under the boot and then out at the centre exit

is this exhaust still for sale?Im interested in buying it if it is!

bought an exhaustoff the bay to the E, it was listed for being for a gti but it should fit a spport right?

best thing is it was a friggin tenner! yas baragin(well it will be if it fits..)

her tis

think it looks arite?

Just wondering what you searched for on ebay to find this exhaust as im looking for one too! Cheers mate

id say that will definately fit.

remember a gti exhaust as standard is one piece from the cat to the back so it all depends where its been cut to get the standard off. which is the quickest way to do it.

my old stainless exhaust was cut in a similar place to the one you have bought of the bay.