GT transplant

Alan VW

Hi All,

Its been a while. I was just wondering if anyone has put a 1.4GT engine from the new Mk5 GT into a Lupo or has come across any threads where somone has put one into a Golf or Polo.

Cheers

Alan shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Hey Alan! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No one has tried it in a Lupo yet, someone was tempted, but the price of the engine, and the weight of the thing put him off.

Would be cool though cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Hey Alan! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No one has tried it in a Lupo yet, someone was tempted, but the price of the engine, and the weight of the thing put him off.

Would be cool though cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

cheers dude, my search goes on ...

Posts: 24,152 you have been busy .... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Two years of that Ive not had a Lupo!

What's the craic with the lupo in the signature? ... is there a thread to it (what am i thinking, of course there is) rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yes its here mate

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26910

Just being painted now, new (second engine) is in, then the hard work begins!

Should be back in a couple of months though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Missing your Lupo then?

Yes its here mate

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26910

Just being painted now, new (second engine) is in, then the hard work begins!

Should be back in a couple of months though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Missing your Lupo then?

after seeing a couple sweet lupos at inters the weekend, yep kinda am ... blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Tigz is a Lupo Legend !

Alans the origonal Lupo Legend wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

His car got me started cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Alans the origonal Lupo Legend wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

His car got me started cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Cheers, dude!

The lupo is still in the family, I wouldn't mind taking it on as another project..... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

What other transplants have people been doing, bar the Vr6 and 1.8T

A couple of us are going for throttle bodies.

LINCONSHIREGTI already has on his GTI, and got close to 170bhp.

Paulbin has fitted a Cooper S Eaton charger to his sport and got 180bhp.

Dubya has around 180bhp from his GTI from some clever engine work.

Blackrat did have a HUGE turbo attached, but has since sold the lot to a member who is turning a Arosa into a Lupo GTI, that project will be intresting.

ive seen a 1.9tdi lupo that does a 1/4mile in 12seconds pretty cool.

that must have been from the side or the front then. the "black, the black.. its in my eyes...", said someone who was behind a diesel.

a good performance yes, but not cool is what i think.

that must have been from the side or the front then. the "black, the black.. its in my eyes...", said someone who was behind a diesel.

a good performance yes, but not cool is what i think.

I actually really like that car - if it's the one that's also been synchro'd. It doesn't ponce around trying to look good - it just does its job.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bkBul5IhMOQ

Deek.