bbs rm's

Matty_Gti

well guys after much thinking and debating i think i have decided on a set of these, but which is better to do? save for about a billion years and buy a mint set or buy a set in need of some tlc and do them myself? what are the rough costs for the different bits? lips? bolts? refurb for the centres?

i nearly got a set which needed a refurb but they went for £380, i thought that was a bit steep, was it?

also has anyone fitted a 1.5 inch lip on the back bringin them to 7.5" wide? did they fit? scrape when lowerd too much?

(sorry about all the questions)

i can get new stainless bolts for £75, i have also got 4 outers undamaged but need either polishing or i can have them finished in carbon fibre. £375 by the time you have bolts , painted them and sorted outers you could buy some done.

Buy a tatty set and do them up yourself. You'll get much more enjoyment from doing them how you want plus you can choose the width you want etc. You can also shop around and buy dishes second hand to save more cash. Just more satisfying imo to do it that way.

i have been looking and they seem to be more reasonable prices on german ebay, is it ok to buy from there?

bit of a newbie question but what is the difference between the rm and the rs? is it just style? which are more sort after?

RM's are two piece RS are 3 piece, RM's have just bolts RS have nuts and bolts. They also have a different style centre cap but thats the only difference i can tell.

I am pretty sure there both just as sought after.