Speaker upgrades

looking to upgrade my front door speakers as one is knackered and just wanted some advice on what you thinks best quality and fit wise. i'm only running the bog standard vw cassette player (run my ipod thro it) and dont wanna fuss with upgrading that or having an amp etc. something nice and simple that sounds good and doesnt peak at low volume. thanks muchly smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think VW did an upgrade speaker kit for the Lupo but where you would get one from I don't know. I don't know how good it is either, however I have heard good things about it.

Dunno if that's any help, it's just that if you go aftermarket you will probably need an amp I expect.

NOCK

I put 16cm JBL Pro GTO-6527 speakers in my Arosa on a SEAT Alana CD head unit. £34.00 from caraudiosecurity.com they also come in a slim depth GTO-6527S.

Pretty good sound for no amp, you'll need the adaptor rings too. £14.99 from above website too.

You may want to look around for a set of mid range onlys as you already have the tweaters mounted in the dash, but as I said theese are pretty good for what is basically a plug and play fitment. You'll also need to change the cable ends to standards blade fitments.

Ray

I put 16cm JBL Pro GTO-6527 speakers in my Arosa on a SEAT Alana CD head unit. £34.00 from caraudiosecurity.com they also come in a slim depth GTO-6527S.

Pretty good sound for no amp, you'll need the adaptor rings too. £14.99 from above website too.

You may want to look around for a set of mid range onlys as you already have the tweaters mounted in the dash, but as I said theese are pretty good for what is basically a plug and play fitment. You'll also need to change the cable ends to standards blade fitments.

Ray

Are these louder than the standard loop ones? Also, how easy is it to swap the loop ones for the new ones i.e. are the standard loop ones screwed or riveted 'cus if they are riveted in that that will make them difficult to remove?

NOCK

Lupo ones are riveted afaik, however drilling them out must be easy.

tbh, any speaker will do. Cheaper the better really, anything expensive wont run well off headunit power.

Silver - id be careful with the volume on those speakers, they are 2ohm and headunits shouldnt run that low! Play it at high volume and something will blow I reackon, esp on a headunit amp.