Need to know this

nev

I have been looking at loads of wheels the last week but im back to the ats cups or a set from someone on here. the question is how wide can I get on a tdi.

Loads of people have 7x15 but you can get 9x15, is this too wide or should i go in between at 8x15?

I will have coilies on and it will be low.

Tyre wise I will try to streach a set of 185x45x15 on them.

Has anyone got any advice? Is this a good thing to do or a bad thing?

Someone must have some wider wheels then 7 that cold advise me?

Please, i need to get some bought.

185/45/15 Nankang NSIIs are fine. We run them on our gti which runs 7.5s with no probs. The question of width is largely a question of offset. To get away with 9's on the back you will need an offset no lower than et25 and even then you'll be looking at arch work. 8's with 185's stretched on may go on without any archwork but again you'll need a highish offset or around et30. I doubt you'd be able to fit 185's on a 9. Not seen this done before but 195's is possible but itself is a massive stretch

185/45/15 Nankang NSIIs are fine. We run them on our gti which runs 7.5s with no probs. The question of width is largely a question of offset. To get away with 9's on the back you will need an offset no lower than et25 and even then you'll be looking at arch work. 8's with 185's stretched on may go on without any archwork but again you'll need a highish offset or around et30. I doubt you'd be able to fit 185's on a 9. Not seen this done before but 195's is possible but itself is a massive stretch

Thanks,

I think I will try 185/45/15 nankangs on the 15x8s all round.

(not too fussed on the tyres at the moment and wont be doing excess of 145mph so they should do)

And bit pushed for cash. £30 EACH IVE SEEN THEM FOR

Has anyone seen anything cheaper?

195/45/15 on a 8.5" rim is what i have on the rear of my gti mate on coilovers, slammed and its fine with me and mrs in car. Only has problems when u have someone in the back and go over a bump, and then its fine, but it will rub abit. doesnt worry me tho so cant be that bad as im a worring type.

See here to see pics of mine mate :

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31557

Edited by Bikerz

Thanx for your help, Im going to order them from mytyres as they are cheap and includes p+p.

Thanx for your help, Im going to order them from mytyres as they are cheap and includes p+p.

I have been looking for the 8X15's but nobody seems to stock them even though they list them as a possible size.

If I'm going to do it, I might as well do it properly and go phat!

Does anyone know where I can buy the 8X15's?

I had a look at the cars with the 7X15@s on and there looks like there may be room left but not sure of the offset they had on.

I was told to go for the 20et if going for the 7's and the 30 if going for the 8's Does that make sense???

I need to get them soon as because my wheels are on Ebay and my car is on stands and very imobile.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wolfrace-Katana-17-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

After these have been on I'm sure I will get away with the 8's in there. coilovers will help it from causing arch problems i think. The arches are already rolled also.

Edited by nev