MOT fail! :-(

My 2000 1.4 16v lupo failed the mot yesterday on:

front disks and pads (they looked fine to me but are apparently badly pitted) - still not the end of the world.

centre section of the exhaust blowing and needs replacing.

but strangest of all is a fail on "play in the steering" - i haven't got a clue what could cause this or be the cure.

Can anybody give me some advice on the steering issue?

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

No idea but where you from and what colour's your Lupo? Quite a few South Wales types on here.

hello there!

I'm from crickhowell.

Lupo is a kind of dark met green.

1.4s

cracking little car but 70k on the clock has obviously taken it's toll on the car - i really thought it'd fly thru the mot!

hello there!

I'm from crickhowell.

Lupo is a kind of dark met green.

1.4s

cracking little car but 70k on the clock has obviously taken it's toll on the car - i really thought it'd fly thru the mot!

That would be taffeta green smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> excellent choice of colour, especially when shiny and clean wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You're from North-South Wales then! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

There's a local vw meet this Sunday in Cardiff, come along!

It's kind of northerly i guess!

i'm "from" ebbw vale originally so i suppose i count as "south" ;-)

i can't make the meet cos i'll be under the frickin car!!! :-)

Okay - spoke to the mechanic guy who gave me good and bad news -

good - the steering issue was due to a nut missing which (he claims) could have caused me to loose the steering at any time - he's fixed that.

bad news - the cat section of the exhauset has a hole in the flexable bit but he reckons it all comes as one piece - £150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!