inlet valve on the factory bypass valve of a dump valve

LOOPTY-LUPO

is it 34mm???

any of you know?

thanks....

What engine?

If this is for the diesel - Then why won't you listen to me when i tell you that fitting a dump valve is a STUPID thing to do, and your car will be SHÍT SLOW.

As for "Factory Dump Valve" it doesnt have one.

Edited by nfbr

What engine?

If this is for the diesel - Then why won't you listen to me when i tell you that fitting a dump valve is a STUPID thing to do, and your car will be SHÍT SLOW.

why dont you fu<king read properly??

i read somewhere on THIS forum that there was a factory fitted one!!

i also read on a seat forum that they are a common problem when fitting a new turbo!!

when buying this car, i was told it had a new turbo fitted!!

so.....when i thought of replacing the (apparent not) factory dump valve, i though about upgrading, then when i was told not to, i still thought "ok, well we still need to know wjhat size one to buy"

so, thanks NFBR for jumping ahead!

yeah, its for a 1.4tdi

Probably the N75 valve you need to replace... This is the "Boost control valve / solenoid"

Like i say - I've had the engine in more bits than you could count, and i still have not found any form of Dump Valve or Recirculating system...

You can't run a dump valve on a diesel because it does not go below 0psi boost... A dump valve operates on the fact of the system going below 0psi, i.e. Into negative boost, or Vacuum...

"Diesel Dump Valves" Operate on an electronic pedal switch, because the engine has nothing to open a dump valve with.

also - You obviously can't tell the difference between Caps and lower case. NFBR is someone else... defo not me.

P.S. I apollogise for my ill found knowlege on the engine that i've practically rebuilt with my own bare hands... Perhaps i lost my dump valve when i built it back up...

Edited by nfbr

Probably the N75 valve you need to replace... This is the "Boost control valve / solenoid"

Like i say - I've had the engine in more bits than you could count, and i still have not found any form of Dump Valve or Recirculating system...

You can't run a dump valve on a diesel because it does not go below 0psi boost... A dump valve operates on the fact of the system going below 0psi, i.e. Into negative boost, or Vacuum...

"Diesel Dump Valves" Operate on an electronic pedal switch, because the engine has nothing to open a dump valve with.

also - You obviously can't tell the difference between Caps and lower case. NFBR is someone else... defo not me.

well....seat know what there talking about then don't they! - haha

well....seat know what there talking about then don't they! - haha

Seat have not said it has a dump valve... and if they have, then your local seat garage don't have a clue what it is they are looking at, or trying to fix for that fact!

If its not broke, Don't mess with it... thats my thoughts.

E-O-C

Moderator please close this thread.

Edited by nfbr

Seat have not said it has a dump valve... and if they have, then your local seat garage don't have a clue what it is they are looking at, or trying to fix for that fact!

If its not broke, Don't mess with it... thats my thoughts.

eyah and your completely right, about 3 times i had to tell him "no buddy, no, its not a leon, its the arosa"

Right to add some of my thoughts. As far as i'm aware these TDI engines operate as nfbr says. Just from my boost gauge it never boosts below 0psi, unlike petrol turbo cars which you often see the boost going into negative pressure on the gauge (hence the dials are designed to get into negative boost)

There's a N75 valve and something like an N18 valve?? I've followed all the tubes/connectors but I agree there is no such dumpvalve system as I have seen on my bro's old mk4 gti 1.8 turbo.

The turbo dump valve uses a cable running from the throttle positioning sensor. Its a little black box you're meant to connect up.

Which part is it that you're meant to be fixing? Just out of interest.

Here's two sketchy ETKA diagrams for the 1.4 TDI engines (AMF) for the turbo connections and the charge cooler:

turbo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

chargecooler.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

airbox.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

What engine?

So how can I fit a lovely big dump valve to my car then Al??

I really would love to hear that wooooshy sound you know!! Lol laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hey mate I'm sorry, couldn't resist. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I found it look, that dump valve thingy seat mentioned. lol

It could be the one I put there. Yes I know it does naff all for the performance but I don't mind I like the noise it makes.

There easy to fit and if you put in a switch you can shut it off any time so it is like it was never there.

If you want power flick the switch to off and if you want noise flick the switch to on.

So in the on position all the chavs go WWOOWW when you drive past them sitting on the seats in the main street wishing they had a car that did that. lol

Its all good fun and at the end of the day. Its night!

26052007076.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by nev

Oscar Delta Golf...

Also - Nev, please remove that spoiler... It really does exactly what it says on the tin... SPOILS...

Im in with that one I do hate spoilers and I will be removing it but the car came with it and will leave holes if removed. when I get the chance im doing it properly. its not on the road at the mo anyway so im not worried.

Using the VRS at the moment for free so really no hurry at all.