Anyone running a Becker?

As per title. I've had my Bora for nearly 3 years now and have had the old style Mexico Pro 4625, old style Traffic Pro 7825 and newer style Mexico Pro (pre Bluetooth).

IMO they are great HU's that concentrate on SQ and ease of use rather than gizmo's to attract the Max Power brigade, such as screen savers, 4 x 65w outputs etc.

Anyone got any pics of their Becker fitted to the Lupo?

BTW, the old style Mexico Pro sounds better than the newer ones IMO.

I have a Becker Grand Prix with Bluetooth, really cant complain, love the sound quality, the symmetry and the simple OEM style!

They cost so much more than people would imagine! lol

quick pic:

dsc02573uk5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Yeah I now have a cubby box, thanks! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by matt a

Beckerlupo004.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Beckerlupo005.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Looks and sound ace smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Now in the top slot.

I'll get pics of mine later. I went for the red version as 1. the car's red and 2. I think it fits in better with all the other "central" lights being red.

The bluetooth handsfree is really useful though.

Are these units that good a sound quality? I mean in comparision with say an Alpine in the same price bracket?

A million times better... Alpine Chasis are made by Kenwood now, hense the massive reduction in quality sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

The only unit i can give a comparison to the Beckers would be a Nakamichi...

The only unit better than it would be a McIntosh as standard in some of the Ford GT's in america... but then nobody's gona be spending ÂŁ900+ on importing a CD Player with no onboard amp smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

With becker you've gotta remember there routs...

The company that runs "Becker" is Harman Industries... Famous for there Harman Kardon brand...

I miss my Becker Mexico Pro, Like the deserts miss the rain sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

My old' mexi pro, is the one in Bluloop's pics... yes... that EXACT one...

Edited by nfbr

I just love that 'OEM' look of them.

Totally agree, hate the way decent HU's have to be all flashy and stand out like a sore thumb.

Quick question, what does the button do above the screen that has nothing on it.

Grand_Prix_Zoom_7992_rot_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And what speakers are you guys with the Becker units using. ta.

Edited by krieglupo

Always thought these were cheapy headunits that just colour match the dash. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Spec looks pretty good may consider.

Totally agree, hate the way decent HU's have to be all flashy and stand out like a sore thumb.

Quick question, what does the button do above the screen that has nothing on it.

Grand_Prix_Zoom_7992_rot_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And what speakers are you guys with the Becker units using. ta.

Thats not a button, its a infra red receiver, if you are lucky enough to find one of the remote controls that can operate with these units.

Thats not a button, its a infra red receiver, if you are lucky enough to find one of the remote controls that can operate with these units.

Mine flashes! LOL

Dan - You're a fool! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Get one bought!

shoulda bought the blue/red one mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> still - the best choice in stereo for a lupo EVER!

It was a toss up between the two. I deliberated and even ordered a blue, but then changed it for the red. I prefer it to the blue as all the centre dash lights are now red. It's also not as "cold" as the blue and it matches the colour of the car laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The handsfree bluetooth support is brilliant. So useful and much better than having one of those daft headsets clipped to your ear.

Edited by scottgroovez

Do they have anything like an AUX in, so i could get music from my hd-mp3 player on it?

They do look rather nice