New boy here

kariba

Hi everyone

Ive always been a big fan of the Lupo and will hopefully be getting one soon. I currenty own a Goof Mk4 1.8T which is currently up for sale. I need to down grade and cut running costs due to buying my first house. So once the Goof is sold I shall start looking for a decent Lupo.

I have owned VAG cars for the past 3-4 years now, starting with 3 Sciroccos then a '97 20V Passat and now the Goof.

Great forum and club, been browsing over the past day or so. I look forward to Lupo ownership and getting involved in the forum/club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hi everyone

Ive always been a big fan of the Lupo and will hopefully be getting one soon. I currenty own a Goof Mk4 1.8T which is currently up for sale. I need to down grade and cut running costs due to buying my first house. So once the Goof is sold I shall start looking for a decent Lupo.

I have owned VAG cars for the past 3-4 years now, starting with 3 Sciroccos then a '97 20V Passat and now the Goof.

Great forum and club, been browsing over the past day or so. I look forward to Lupo ownership and getting involved in the forum/club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hello and welcome, i'm a newbie too! picked my Lupo 1.4 Sport up Saturday and I love it!!!

Thanks ppl

@ Jon_273: I would like a 1.4 Sport 16V 100bhp, but it all depends on how well my Goof sells and what finances I have to pay off. But Im sure the 75bhp 1.4 would be fine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I just cant wait to get one and start playing wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Go for the 1.7 sdi best version tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol haha

Welcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

@ Canonman: Thanks, had actually thought about an SDi. Whats the tax per year on one?

Welcome to the forum mate and soon to be ownership of luponess.

Interesting username you got there, where did it originate?

Cheers

Pete

Thanks

Im originally from Zimbabwe and Kariba is a favourite holiday destination biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Im originally from Zimbabwe and Kariba is a favourite holiday destination biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hehe, thought so. Another Zimbo!!

I'm from Harare originally, been here since i was young though.

Cheers.

Pete

Good to meet another Zimbo through the forums shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

We'll have to organise a meet over the braai! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

@ Canonman: Thanks, had actually thought about an SDi. Whats the tax per year on one?

Thanks

£35 per year shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> And 80mpg is achieveable smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh, and welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Paul

Good to meet another Zimbo through the forums shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

We'll have to organise a meet over the braai! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

[homer voice]

Mmm, braaaaiii

[/homer voice]

I have to get my ass in gear, i still haven't built my braai yet. Must do it, before 'summer' ends.

Where abouts in Zim you from, and where are you residing currently?

Cheers

Originally from Harare aswell, Borrowdale boy!

I'm in the Loughborough (Leicestershire) area. Currently renting in a little village just outside Loughborough but the house we're buying is in Loughborough.

Already had 3 braai's this year cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> There's a group of 4 of us Zimbos in the area!

How long have you been over here?

Hehe, excellent. Me, i've been here since my folks moved in '85 ( i think i was 3

Been back a couple of times, love the place though gone considerably downhill in the last, well 20 years i guess, moreso in the last 10 for definite.

If you ever find you have a few hours spare on a nice day you should take a drive to Worksop, near Sheffield, just close by there is a village called Rhodesia!

I went there with a girlfriend of mine and bought something in the store, receipt from Rhodesia, haha.

Been past Rhodesia a couple of times! Keep meaning to stop in and get something from there with the name on it cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Yes its def gone downhill in the past few years; must admit I noticed a difference when I went back after my first year over here in Sept 2004. Ive still got the parents and a brother over there.

Whats your Lupo history?

Hehe, nice one, think i have lost the receipt over time now though. Should go back.

There is only some family left over there, my dad's bro, don't think there is anyone else, got a couple in SA but the rest have dispersed to oz/nz and here.

Lupo history began last May (16th, nearly a year) when i bought the Sport i have today.

I have always loved VW's mainly Mk1 golfs, and when the Lupo came on the scene as the baby VW i knew i had to get one one day. So true to the word i bought one last year.

Yeah, Ive always liked the look of Lupos.

I was never really in the VW scene in Zim, only got into it when I moved over here and bought my first Scirocco. Wont buy anything other than VAG now!

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I have finally managed to sell the Golf 20VT. However I found a Mk3 Golf Estate TDi with low miles at a very good price; I couldnt resist it so Ive gone for it.

Who knows, I might own a Lupo soon. Love them enough!