Electric Window Has Stopped Working - on the passenger side

Got in the car tonight, and my passenger tried, and failed, to wind the electric window down.

I can hear the click from the relay when I press the switch on the driver or passenger door, but the window doesn't move.

Could be a knackered motor I guess, but the window has been working fine so I wonder if it's a loose connection or something. Not a surprise with how hard you have to slam the doors shut.

Has anyone else had this? My loop is still under warranty so I'll be booking it in for a week on Saturday but I thought I'd ask on here anyway.

Hi,

I had this problem on the same side as well, The motor had gone I got it done under warranty biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Lucky it didn't stop working while it was open :0

My car is now booked in with the dealer for next Friday.

I was going to ask them to look at the passenger door trim anyway at the next service as it's a bit loose. So this kind of stops me having to do that.

Will post here when I find out what the problem was.

RallyeBaz - I've had a look in the manual, and it says that if the window is sticking, it lowers itself down back automatically (I guess to stop the motor burning out). Don't know if your runners need lubricating or something? Worth trying I suppose?

Took the loop into the dealers this morning.

Don't trust them as far as I could throw them, so wrote the mileage down on a sticky and put it on the speedo (if there's another 10 miles on there I want to know why) and walked them round the car pointing out the dents in case they put any more on there. To be fair to them they didn't object when I asked them to walk round it (and it was lashing it down).

Just hope they can fix the frickin' window now.

• 2 weeks later...

hey,my lupo has been in twice coz the same happened to both my `windows-both` done under 12 month warranty.

also had some fun last week,when the pipe that runs from the washer bottle,through the car,to the rear washer burst and flooded one side of the car with bubbles!!!!

hummmmm.. i do love my vee dubs,but it appears lots of niggly things go wrong with them?..

QUOTE(RallyeBaz)
My passenger window was refusing to come back up and once it reached half way, it went back down again automatically.

Had it looked at Thursday and it seems fine now, but it must be in the door as the switches look the same

sounds like as if the relulator has gone, there is a plastic clip which holds the glass in location but it snaps very easily and basically the glass gets out of alignment meaning that it catches on the door frames as it goes up therefore stopping halfway, you have to have the regluator replaced under waranty if the clip has broken, happens on polo's quite oftem, dunno if thats the case with you guys but thats a possibilty.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bring an oldish thread back to the top.....yes my passenger window is now buggered too :mad:

Went out tonight and found it don't work - same problem as everyone else, you can hear the relay clicking but the window don't budge using either switch!

Something always goes wrong especially 2 days before I'm going to a show plus I've only had the lupo back from VW for 4 days when they had to "investigate" my so called "Oil leak" which turned out to be old oil seeping off the undertray bit under the engine that VW didn't bother cleaning off from my last REAL oil leak :sarc:

Time to put VW on `speed-dial` on my phone I think seeing as its a frequently used number these days!

Anyway........moan over biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Mine's now been sorted by the stealer. They put a new motor in under warranty.

Not sure if it needed it though, as when I took it in last time the bloke unplugged it, put the plug back in, and it started working.

If you're really in a fix you could try that? I guess it depends on whether or not you want a new window motor.

Took the lupo for its "appointment" with VW this morning for them to have a look at the window only to be told "come back in 4 hours to collect it....." :sleepy: oh well....shopping it is then...

.......came back, the car was turned round in the car park so thought great they've looked at it but was told by some `waste-of`-space employee, that "we need to order in a new motor because your window motor has gone..." :mad:

I mean, they knew the motor had gone when it was booked in last week so why the hell didn't they order one ready?! :sarc:

This time next week I'll have a working window again, afterall "it's only an hours job Miss Snow so book it in for next week!"

No comment biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

L take my advice ok

ask your mum to write you a letter to the service manager and tell him that you have been treated like crap and the fact that they can't seem to sort your window out even though they know that the motor is in need of replacing, tell them that you have to drive 30mins to the dealers and this is inconvient seeing as you have to work ( i know you don't but they don't know that) and also its a waste diesel, if you do that then they will get their act together, and you know why i know?

because my local dealers messed me about 3 times with my new steering column and i got my aunt to write me a letter and she gave them a bollocking and in return they gave me a nice BORA 150BHP Diesel as a courtesy car plus the service manger came out and spoke to me and said was personally going to keep an eye on my car for me to make sure the work would be done and he has also told me that when my `cam-belt` needs to be changed he will sort me a discount to cover the petrol costs.

write that letter!! trust me on this one.

Take my advice and dont push them too far, coz no matter how nice the service manager may be to you if the people who acctually repair your car get a hold of the fact that you have been 'complaining' - and they will - they will not treat your car any diffeneretly in fact they might even be a little bit harder on your poor little Loop.

QUOTE(robinA8OLO)
because my local dealers messed me about 3 times with my new steering column and i got my aunt to write me a letter and she gave them a bollocking and in return they gave me a nice BORA 150BHP Diesel as a courtesy car plus the service manger came out and spoke to me and said was personally going to keep an eye on my car for me to make sure the work would be done and he has also told me that when my `cam-belt` needs to be changed he will sort me a discount to cover the petrol costs.

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Awww, did the nasty stealers not do what little Robin wanted LOL, stop hiding behind your Aunt's skirt and tell the guy face to face.

Get the service manager out to the front desk and just tell him it's not acceptable and to get it sorted or you'll be going elsewhere next time, then stand back and watch him grovel

:devil: