GTi Sidelight Bulb - Help Please

Does anyone know the right bulb that is required to replace a blown bulb. I am ready to order the part through GSF but need to be sure I am getting the right one. And I cant be arsed to take the headlight fitting to bits to get the bulb out and check. Help would be appreciated. Cheers.

if it's a GTI it's a standard sidelight bulb.

i've replaced mine with led sidelights to give them a white light rather than the yellow light you get out of a standard bulb, It looks much better next to the xenons than standard

i dont know about the other lights tho u'll have to dismantle it and find out for yourself. Oh and dont listen to VW who said you have to take it there to have the bulbs changed because they say you have to take loads of stuff out to change them, you dont have to al you need is small hands!

Cheers for the info, any good tips/instructions on how and easy way to take the unit out and change them?

Personally I would like to keep the standard ones, as I like the contrast between the normal yellow lighting and funky Xenons next to it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just been trying to change the sidelight bulb, but gave up cos my hands were freezing and I couldnt feel what the hell I was doing. Can anyone save me alot of time and effort and give me some tips on how the get to the bulb.

- I imagine you take the unit out back in the engine bay to change the bulb

-Which bolts release the unit so I can attack it? Is it the 2 long white plastic ones on each unit that I have to take out or is it more involved? HELP PLEASE! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Anyone know where on the web I can get good instructions on this. Its taking the piss if I have to get the stealer to do something so simple cos the lovely persons will charge me 40 notes for the labour!

Use the search.

you're nearly there. the backs of the lights have the white covers as u correctly said with a bar on it. Push the bar down 2wards the floor. lift off the cover and u will feel, more than see, the bulb holder. A pair of pliers is ideal, grip the holder and tug hard like a tramp from 'bumfights' pulling out a tooth. remove bulb from holder. fitting is the reverse. The bar on the rear covers snaps into place. a sinch.

The only thing is when you're pulling it is that the whole light unit flexes alarmingly. I thought I was going to break mine and gave up.

Ah well, at least I'll know for next time. Cheers KI smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />