GTi Engine Mods Please

Phil T

Hi new to the site, explained my situation in the new members part. Just wanted to know what can be done to the gti engines and what figures would you see and how much

Am guessing at a buget, cams, manifold and full system, filter and remap would be good?? what gains would you see with them, also what are the bigger mods that can be done how much and what gains.

These would all take place this year untill jan next year when id be getting a leon cupra r engine fitted

Thanks

GTI's aren't particularly tunable, there doesn't seem to be any off-the-shelf parts for them, so everything has to be pretty much custom.

Have a search for tuning GTI though, there are people on here who know far more than me.

Who'd be putting your engine in? They're apparantly a bitch to fit, and Jabbasport and the likes will charge over £7000 to fit one.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother tuning it now if you're gonna fit a 20VT in less than a year, unless that means you're going to be selling off the cams and things cheap, in which case, first dibs please. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

GTI's aren't particularly tunable, there doesn't seem to be any off-the-shelf parts for them, so everything has to be pretty much custom.

Have a search for tuning GTI though, there are people on here who know far more than me.

Who'd be putting your engine in? They're apparantly a bitch to fit, and Jabbasport and the likes will charge over £7000 to fit one.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother tuning it now if you're gonna fit a 20VT in less than a year, unless that means you're going to be selling off the cams and things cheap, in which case, first dibs please. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thought ud be able to get a manifold tho at least, id get the zaust made by exhaustsuk but they dont make manifolds, and id get the remap from chippeduk, engine will be getting fitted by a guy that does it for a living and builds custom drag cars too, hes charging me nowt for fitting i just have to buy everything etc

Anymore help from people regarding tuning the gti engine??

Yeah, you can get a manifold, you need to get one for a Polo GTI though and bend it slightly to fit.

Free engine fitting sounds good. thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

Thanks for that wealth of information there. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It's paulbins. Readers ride thread here: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...9153&st=180

Oh, and it's a Sport, not a GTI.

this can be done to a gti gains we dont know yet as i ant fitted mine yet but its not cheap and is all custom http://www.hvwc.co.uk/modules/coppermine/a...11032007026.jpg

Yeah, you can get a manifold, you need to get one for a Polo GTI though and bend it slightly to fit.

Thanks for the wealth of wrong info there. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

They dont do one for a Polo GTI

They do one for a Polo 1.4 16v that you need to bend to fit tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Wait wait wait... That reads... They're not tuneable, because there are no off-the-shelf parts for them..

They are tuneable, and by quite a massive amount in some cases.

No tuning of any normally aspirated motor is cheap. You get very little power increase for the actual cost at the end of it. If your serious about tuning, then the costs involved are budgeted for. Simple as... There are no quick fixes that get you massive gains, in any sort of motor tuning. Bare in mind the millions manufacturers invest, to develop motors in the first place!

There are normally aspirated options available for the GTI, aswell as forced induction (turbo or supercharger). Expect 20-30hp gain for upto around £2k normally aspirated. And anything from 40-100hp gains when it comes to forced induction, but expect a hefty bill at the end of it...

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

there are loads of off the shelf tuning parts for the gti, just not in the mass market magazine or website areas.

can even buy bundled in kits aswell, so you can get 155bhp and 170bhp road kits and 210bhp race kits normally aspirated. it can be expensive though. 170bhp kit is £5k.

Edited by qually

• 2 months later...

Any links and prices to tuning parts

Things from cams, manifolds etc to tb's and turbos etc

Really need some help please