Clutch problems

The GFs car is playing up. When the clutch is pressed down the pedal is not coming up on release. I have looked under the bonnet and the bracket where the clutch release spring is (near battery) the bracket is moving. Has anyone had a similer problem or even better know a solution?

could be the pedal box.....

is the pedal stiff to push down? and when up(in its rest position) is it lower than the brake pedal?

it should be light, if it is stiff it could either be the pedal box or the clutch.

also should sit higher than the brake pedal. if lower, again it could be the clutch or pedal box.

hope this helps.

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I dont think its the pedal box. I think its something to do with the bracket that the clutch spring is mounted on. The bracket is just secured to the gearbxo in one place but theres not a nut or anything holding it in place. I think that if that bracket was tight then the clutch would work normally.

i have a heavy clutch pedal. changed the clutch the cable and also the pedal box as it snapped in the usual. but it's still a lot heaver than i would expect.

any clues what it could be?

i have been told i have a problem in the gear box but i think it could be somethin to do with my dodgy clutch.

help

i have a heavy clutch pedal. changed the clutch the cable and also the pedal box as it snapped in the usual. but it's still a lot heaver than i would expect.

any clues what it could be?

i have been told i have a problem in the gear box but i think it could be somethin to do with my dodgy clutch.

help

i have same problem with my clutch, i think we should go to vw for a new clutch, just wonder how much will it cost me:(

my lupo already done 70K and never been changed clutch.

when my gf bought her car, the clutch was really heavy, it didn't like to change gear properly and was a ****** to drive. i changed the cllutch cable, checked the pedal box (that was ok), changed the gear oil etc.. none of it made a difference.

took the gearbox off and found that the bracket that the release bering slides in and out on was completely shafted.. i.e. it was oval shaped rather than round.. got a new one from vw for around 2.75quid and put a new clutch and release bering on whilst the box was off. now the clutch is very very light and changes gear perfectly..

take a look at the pictures in here: CLICK!

sounds like wadda has a different problem tho... when you say the bracket on the gearbox. you mean the gearbox housing that the clucth cable outer goes through. not the clutch leaver?