Idle and electric windows

W3LSH

Girlfriend picked up a Lupo yesterday which seems a great little car.

Only two problems we've got so far is;

1) the car cut out about 3 times yesterday (in about 200miles) when the clutch was put in. To me the idle seems to be set a bit low? On tickover it sits at aprox 600rpm - where as my G is closer to 900rpm? It also sounds a little tapety at 600rpm although fine after.

Simple solution adjust the idle?

2) The electric windows have both packed in. on all switches when you try and operate either window, you can hear a click, but no movement....

I'll check the fuses/wiring etc when she comes down after - but any advice would be appriciated smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

windows are a pain on lupos! at the moment my passenger side does the 'click' thing that yours does. when i got the car the drivers side did it and i got the garage to fix it before we picked it up.... so it must be a minor problem, i have checked fuses and they are fine, waiting for a free day to pull the door cards off and have a look at the mech. most people say it needs a new motor but i think it just needs a bit of adjustment.

wait for the time the window goes up, stops half way then goes back down again... rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> sorted that by adjusting the mech.

most people say it needs a new motor but i think it just needs a bit of adjustment.

Agreed!

(I think) Lupos have issues with the sealing around the windows / wing mirrors and a bit too much water gets in there. The wifes was cured (albeit temporarily) with a good dose of WD40.

My Car idles pretty low when warm too, but doesn't cut out.

Wifey had to have her injectors cleaned out last year and that cured stalling / cutting out. I'm wondering if some of that stuff that goes in the fuel to "clean the engine" will have any effect??

Si.

Edited by LoopyLing

• 1 year later...

I've just fixed the electric window on the Lupo S that I'm selling on eBay (Lupo 1.4 S ). Although it looks like an onerous task - especially taking-off door cards and breaking through the poly membrane - it is not beyond the competence of the reasonably savvy fixer. Buy spare door card clips and grommets

I had exactly the same issue with a clicking motor. When I tested the motor by reconnecting it with the regulator removed, it worked fine.

It turned out that I could have fitted new plastic clips to the regulator (available from Germany) rather than the new regulator @ £70 that I bought, but I was keen to make sure it was A1 before pitching it on eBay.

Here are some links to parts available in Germany

Hard to find replacement electric window parts

Alternative option

Window motor - for windows with roll back function